Flipside Compression

EXM

Is it possible to receive results by "flip side" compressing an audio sample. What I mean by "flip side" is when i compress audio it reduces the signal above infinity. I would like to be able to compress the signal the same way below infinity. Meaning the compressor is working in a "flipped" motion. What is required to receive these results? I would like to treat everything above infinity the same way below infinity.

Its not only compression I would like to be able to adjust I would like to control the signal below infinity the same way as I do above Infinity. When I say infinity I mean when looking at a audio sample and drawing a line horizontally there is still a signal below this line. It may not be heard but there is still a signal. I am starting to believe all signals should be controlled the same way whether above or below infinity. I may be overthinking this one. I feel that if I had a perfect sine wave and added certain effects this is going to change that sine wave to not be perfect as it was before the effects. The effects will only apply to everything above infinity not below infinity. However applying effects above infinity and not below infinity is not going to make both signals identical vertically. However if I were to adjust below infinity the signal would mirror itself vertically and the shape of the signal would be identical.

Back