Fl studio played out

I'll talk as much shit on that program as I desire, I demo'ed Reason 7 and it come with this anti theft shit on my computer caked into my system, I had too roll that shit back to get rid of it. No thanks. I was just demo'ing LOL and uninstalled it and that's what was left.

Not to mention they update the program every 5 months and leave their users behind. Shady.

I'll never support that company. **** Propellerheads and you damn well know Reason isn't touching FL's sequencers.

You probably right. I was using Reason 5 for a minute. Tried out Reason 7 and the work environment is terrible. I don't even think the Prop's are musicians.

I used to like Reason a lot..but it's just overly complex and can't even do the most simplest things. I like the peace of mind of working within one device in one DAW where I can see everything clearly.

They keep marketing their shit to me but Im not falling for it

Last edited:
You probably right. I was using Reason 5 for a minute. Tried out Reason 7 and the work environment is terrible. I don't even think the Prop's are musicians.

I used to like Reason a lot..but it's just overly complex and can't even do the most simplest things. I like the peace of mind of working within one device in one DAW where I can see everything clearly.

They keep marketing their shit to me but Im not falling for it

Cubase is a pretty no bull shit DAW, good preset hotkeys, and really straight forward.

This thread is subjective to a certain degree. No matter what you do in life you need tools to get the job done... It comes down to being on time. What works best for you to complete your task (this is the question you should ask yourself)? Records that have sold hundreds if not millions have been made on image-line software product. I think you'd be better suited to take up sound design rather than just mixing and mastering by itself. As for FL it isn't a bad program and it isn't the greatest however; it does offer versatility. There's other software/ hardware that used for post processing/production... however if all you are doing is the front end why concern over the tail end?

FL is ugly to look at and can seem chaotic at times but I can't help but love it. I also use and like Ableton 9 and I found myself switching back and forth. I just recently started experimenting with using FL as a VSt inside of Ableton so that I can get the best of both worlds.

I never understood why people are so insecure about what they use, or why people worry so much about what someone else uses. The music is all that matters. Let that speak for itself. If you have talent you can make fire with anything, if you're wack you'll be wack with anything.

when FL was stuck in the days of blocks its workflow was a lot different compared to other daws like cubase protools etc but nowadays its adopted the clips like view on the playlist so its not so much different anymore.
regarding the fullness of sound issue, a lot of people dont realise that if you leave your drums on the sequencer theyre only playing at about 70% of velocity. move them into the piano roll instead and increase it to 100 and should be no difference then.
the only things i hated about FL was the recording needing asio to activate the inputs (reaper works without it) and the small mixer channels which made mixdowns a bit tedious. timestretching wasnt great either but worked though.
i still use both nowadays but somethings take a bit longer like laying drums for example. sometimes ill make patterns in FL then export them to wav and drag them into reaper or i might record vocals in reaper and import them into FL. depends on the day really. both are good daws but each have their own strengths..

Ok. I have been in that whole "FL bashing" for a while and I have to put my two cents.

I started using Fruity Loops when it was nothing but a drum pattern maschine. No piano rolls, no slicers, no nothing. It took you 3 organs to play a chord. And people, not me though:rolleyes:, still managed to do some interesting stuff with it.

What I want to say with this is, if you have it in you, you can do magic with everything. There are producers that still use MPC. MPC has a hell of a harder workflow that ANY DAW out there. And they still make miracles with it. One would say that for example, that DJ Shadow did a better job with an MPC60 on his first album that with today's modern gear.

After all, I studied up to an BSC to SAE Athens, I have worked with many artists in Greece(hiphop and not), was in one of the most famous bands, and have worked with pretty much every DAW thats out there. I also had an MPC1000 and had access to work with an MV8000 and an ASR10. You wanna know whats my main DAW for beatmaking(not recording or mastering) today? FL10. And I could care less what everyone says about it. That programm is freakin dope, and it works the way I wanna work. I dunno if this sounds "amateur" to you, but I layed it down in FL my dear(of course afterwards there was a ton of work in ProTools but you get it)...

I say all these because I use that programm for all these years and its like my comrade today, you feel me? So making it unimportant is making my own music unimportant. And I m not having that. :topicclosed:

I used Fl Studio when I first started making beats.

To be honest, I think Fl Studio, Reason, and Ableton are all geared towards the EDM producer.

ive been on fl studio since fl studio 6 i purchased it an all , but now that im heading towards mixing and mastering for school.I'm leaning towards being more serious bout my craft trust me ,im not knocking fl studio at all ive been a fan of her for a while an now its time too move on ,I had a friend tell me he went to los angeles recording school and he said the teachers frown on fl studio an im having mixed feelings .

if any of you are perusing a career in music an having creative doubts when it comes to fl drop them comments ..

FL isn't for mixing, it's plain & simple. I don't know what you expected with only 9 plugin slots & 4 bus sends...hello?

Last edited:
FL is a good program but a true producer has to learn how to use hardware. Software is has contributed alot but it has also taken the glory out of hardware construction. So keep your head up ad keep building. New challenges mean new victories. :)

The fact of the matter is:

It doesn't matter what you are using. So many producers get caught up with what to use cause they are worried about what OTHER PRODUCERS will think and it don't matter. Good music should be the ONLY objective, regardless of how it was made.

Do you really think Drake fans give a phuck whether he records with Pro Tools or Adobe Audition???
Stop making excuses and blaming Daws for why you can't make music that you are happy with.

The fact of the matter is:

It doesn't matter what you are using. So many producers get caught up with what to use cause they are worried about what OTHER PRODUCERS will think and it don't matter. Good music should be the ONLY objective, regardless of how it was made.

Do you really think Drake fans give a phuck whether he records with Pro Tools or Adobe Audition???
Stop making excuses and blaming Daws for why you can't make music that you are happy with.
Right. As long as they get that "nu nu nu na nu nuuu nu nu nu" from him, they don't give a fuccc.

i stick to FL cause i went from Hardware back to Software.
I went from the MV-8800 back to FL because of its easier and much faster workflow.
But i hate the time-stretching/real time pitch-shifting in Slicex cause Slicex got bugs and gives an error when you clone the plugin when you real time pitch-shifted it. It sucks cause of that.
I'm thinking about getting a MPC Renaissance to use in combination with FL Studio mainly for layering down my sample and i need an Audio Interface anyway.
the second thing i hate about FL its that it looks ugly and is not very inviting to look at. everything is grey and dark which makes it look horrible. But still my favorite thing for beatmaking.

Saying that a producer can't write a good track because they use FL Studio instead of some top-of-the-line DAW is like saying that a guitarist can't write a good riff because he plays an Epiphone instead of a Gibson.

Saying that a producer can't write a good track because they use FL Studio instead of some top-of-the-line DAW is like saying that a guitarist can't write a good riff because he plays an Epiphone instead of a Gibson.

I agree with you, unless the part you compare the Epiphone (Fl Studio) with Gibson (any other DAW). I think, in this case, both are "Gibsons", as both can deliver the same sound.

Nah man... I don't use it but you can't hate on Reason... I've met some beasts who'll show you flames on that DAW. Ableton honestly has the nicest and simplest workflow ever. I always feel like almost everything is connected. I ain't a M4L fan though... maybe when I finally buy a Push controller I'll start trying to get with M4L. That being said, I do like the LFO though. Granulator simplified the process of going for the same result with the sampler

Back