FL Studio 8.5 Is Released...AMAZING

Sqito said:
Well, one can stick to the past and keep complaining how stuff was better "back in the days" or adapt and move on to new stuff... It's a matter of choice
**** all that, i'm still livin in the 90's xD :rolleyes: =P lawl.

Last edited:
hm. i would like to see them do a slight graphical change with the mixer. its always nice to work in an attractive environment. it keeps the creative mind flowing and interested. 116. Added support for Korg nanoKEY, nanoPAD & nanoKONTROL controllers.THATS funny. 15. CPU meter no longer shows 99% when audio is temporarily suspended (was often reported as a bug).. awesome, that was getting on my nerve. i also have a slight problem when loading up projects after doing a reformat or such. and if i go to load a project and one of the files i used, has multiple other files with the same name (sample library) it will load the first file it comes across with the same name instead of locating that exact same file used in the project. it should at least work if the files are in the same dir as before. not a major issue but some small things that can get in the way when your on a move.

Last edited:
I already love the new FL. The new Fruity Wrapper is awesome for multi-out plugs, the new step sequencer window functions are tight, and the new playlist is awesome. You now have actual tracks so it's easier to organize the playlist clips which is awesome, and there are mutes for each.

EDIT: I also love the multi-core functionality now. In FL 8 I could hardly run Battery 3 and a solid Reason rack rewired into FL, but now I can easily with CPU to spare.

Last edited:
you know i wont be upgrading yet again. sigh, i still stick with fl5,. i bought fruity loops 3.5.6 when it was like 250 or something like that, but way back then to now, fl 5 was the last one i upgraded to. Ive done all the upgrades, and always rolled back to 5.

for me,.FL is only a sequencer, and i recently got cubase LE, so i might be done with FL all together. lol, maybe one day

LMAO at the riff machine. if you put the cursor over the accept button on it, it says " accept being uncreative"

and lmao at the 4 billion presets that autogun has and the presets description. Now you can never say fl doesnt come with good sounds because there is no way youve heard them all!

it looks pretty sweet long as it doesnt mess with my workflow im good and does logic really look like that? if so it shouldent be that hard for me learn then. I tried reason it just doesnt feel right to me does anyone know what promgram resembles fl as far the simplicity. I need that step sequencer and the playlist to feel natural as possible for me to get anything done. I wanna get my feet wet with some new programs

Tried the Beta...looks cooler, some stuff is smoother now, but still just FL. I'm gonna keep trucking with Reason.

I feel guilty, FL is that chick that held me down for years, had kids w/me, helped me become a better man, and what do I do? Run off w/Reason, some model chick that never woulda f**ked with me if FL didn't make me who I am today, but everytime I go visit my kids, FL is cool and all, but I ain't f**kin up the thing I got wit' Reason to go back to FL! Some people go back and forth between the 2, some people so bad they have both of them f**kin with each other, but I ain't that smooth. lol.

Last edited:
deRaNged 4 Phuk'dup said:
Tried the Beta...looks cooler, some stuff is smoother now, but still just FL. I'm gonna keep trucking with Reason.

I feel guilty, FL is that chick that held me down for years, had kids w/me, helped me become a better man, and what do I do? Run off w/Reason, some model chick that never woulda f**ked with me if FL didn't make me who I am today, but everytime I go visit my kids, FL is cool and all, but I ain't f**kin up the thing I got wit' Reason to go back to FL! Some people go back and forth between the 2, some people so bad they have both of them f**kin with each other, but I ain't that smooth. lol.
well your a better man then me, i treat em like were mormon. I whore em both out, and make em lay next to each other. Hell most the time i have my reason bytch INSIDE my FL bytch, and we all have nasty orgasmic music sex.

lol, you crack me up derranged

Last edited:

That has to be the best FL/Reason analogy Ive ever seen.

Gutty502 said:
well your a better man then me, i treat em like were mormon. I whore em both out, and make em lay next to each other. Hell most the time i have my reason bytch INSIDE my FL bytch, and we all have nasty orgasmic music sex.

lol, you crack me up derranged

Indeed. FL and Reason are two completely different DAW's that can actually work together (ie Rewiring Reason into FL.)

I'm not sure why many feel they need to "drop" a piece of gear/software to go with something else especially when they havent mastered both their beats and the first gear they started with.

SV

SoundVolution said:
I'm not sure why many feel they need to "drop" a piece of gear/software to go with something else especially when they havent mastered both their beats and the first gear they started with.

SV
Totally agree w/this being that I was one of the first people on FP teaching people to Rewire and still can answer the most intricate questions involving FL Studio.

I went to using Reason exclusively because of OVERKILL. Every producers different, I tend to get unorganized, so between an MPC 2000XL, a Korg Triton Rack, Reason, FL Studio, SONAR, and Pro Tools, not to mention somewhere around 20 virtual synth plug ins, I realized I needed to contain my creativity. All my MPC, Battery, FL sounds are packed in Refills, and instead of skimming bank after bank in vsti after vsti until I find the sound I want, I know exactly where to go to find what I want now.

I almost bought a Motif because I just wanted one controlled enviroment where everything from beginning to end was all done in one controlled and organized console. No turning on 4 things to make 1 beat play, no getting rid of a buncha stuff wasting space you never use just to find out that 1 sub in that 1 song was in that library and you can't find a good replacement.

Reason is perfect for that being that it's the only one of all the above mentioned things that is completely self-contained. I don't even use Recycle. lol.

But although I sometimes joke up here that "FL Sux" to play with peoples insecurities, honestly, out of both the hardware and software I own, my personal opinion is FL does more and gives you more bang for buck than anything else on the market.

Hell, I can go back to using it at FL 20.5 for absolutely no upgrade fee, no one else is giving you that sweet of a deal. But I feel comfortable knowing I gave up some 200-300gb of junk along w/hardware for a Reason Folder that's 16gb of sounds and I'm making better music than ever. :cheers:

Last edited:
Damn Deranged...you must have got more posts than MANO...reaching the 10.000 will we have a FP Pyjama-Party or what...

Peace ;)
KB

SoundVolution said:
Please send any web designers that can help out. Thx.

dont trip, your site is cool man, some people are just assholes....
thanks for breaking the news bro,

ps, do you stilll wanna do some stuff for youtube?

All my MPC, Battery, FL sounds are packed in Refills, and instead of skimming bank after bank in vsti after vsti until I find the sound I want, I know exactly where to go to find what I want now.

Hey de,

Did you use that ReFill packer creator tool? I remember hearing about it but never messed around with it? Does it allow you to import wav files then export them into ReFills?

out of both the hardware and software I own, my personal opinion is FL does more and gives you more bang for buck than anything else on the market. Hell, I can go back to using it at FL 20.5 for absolutely no upgrade fee, no one else is giving you that sweet of a deal. But I feel comfortable knowing I gave up some 200-300gb of junk along w/hardware for a Reason Folder

Agreed. Make sense.

What's your process for sampling (recording) and slicing when using Reason as it doesnt have a native recording/sampling tool?

Jehfee said:
dont trip, your site is cool man, some people are just assholes....
thanks for breaking the news bro,

ps, do you stilll wanna do some stuff for youtube?

Thanks Jeh,

Hit me up whenever you get a chance.

We're preparing to do some cool new things this summer for the Future of Sampling videos and material, so hit me up with any ideas, content, links, etc.

What is your YouTube Channel link again?

SV

Last edited:
SoundVolution said:
Hey de,

Did you use that ReFill packer creator tool? I remember hearing about it but never messed around with it? Does it allow you to import wav files then export them into ReFills?

What's your process for sampling (recording) and slicing when using Reason as it doesnt have a native recording/sampling tool?
Yeah, I use the Refill Packer. It puts aif, wav, akai, sf2, ect files into refills that run smoother with reason than keeping tons of open files in a folder. I'd recommend it for anyone who has tons of wavs they use in Reason. Also keeps all your stuff organized.

When I sample, I use Sonar to create a .wav loop, then load it into the NNXT. You can move the start point to wherever you want the sample to play from and load it and tweak it for multiple keys to trigger the same sample in different ways.

As long as you make sure your loop is right before loading, every start or end point adjusted by 25% is equivalent to a 1/4 cut in your loop. All math(hope that made sense, as I read it back, the wording is scetchy).

The NNXT is really advanced, you can even make 1 hit notes to play throughout your song alon with the loop to bring mor life into it. Kinda like using an S1100.

Back