[F4F] Trap/Reggaeton Fusion - Cuento del Glock

Cool blend! Good vibe and tempo! if you want a hard pounding vibe i would suggest some more hard-hitting drums.. some sub in your kick, and a bit more snappy snare. Keep it up :) Thank you for your feed! glad you liked it!

Last edited by a moderator:
That intro for sure brings everything together, I'm digging that sample a lot. Layering your drums to get them to pop would be a good next step to look at in my opinion, and you could possibly turn up that bass line up, it's too dope to be so quiet. Other than that this is a cool concept, I haven't really heard anything else I could compare this to, maybe Zomby or some producer like that.

My latest track:

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...y-south-etc/act-i-friends-lovers-flip-510115/

Thank you for the advice! Yea that was my next step. I like to get a good composition down first, then come back and add effects that suit each section of the track! I'll def bring out the drums more on the next update homie. Left feedback for you :).

wow, sounds really unique, like the drum after the introduction. Nice combination of instruments. Sounds great, overall. I would add something to give a little more unity, but maybe a Trap instrumental needs this kind of, disjointed feeling )

Haha thank you thank you!!! I'm always looking for ways to sound different from the rest. I guess that's my way of distancing myself from other Reggeaton/Hip-Hop/R&B producers. I see what you mean... But I think I agree with your second portion. I tried to add some unity between the Reggaeton and the Trap part, but what sounded good in the Reggaeton didn't sound too good with the Trap and vice versa. I think this makes it more interesting anyways, the contrast between the 2. Thanks for the advice!

Sounds dope!
Maybe try adding a nice snare roll. I like it when when the beat switches at 0:46 maybe use a tight crispy snare and a punching kick from there?

Still great work and thanks for your feedback!

I was thinkin of doing that for the 0:46 part, a good trap snare roll. Yes I will def be getting better mixing techniques for the drums on my next update! Thank you so much and no problemo primo!

not my genre but it sounds good to me. nice use of sounds and mixed well. keep up the good work. :)

Haha thank you homie! I appreciate feedback from all sorts of producers. They can tell me advice that Hip-Hop producers can't due to their different style :).

the mix is amazingly clear, the snare and hats on the trap part could do with being a lot brighter / layered with sharper hits. some booming 808s would also sound awesome in the same section. the sound selection and melodies on the reggaeton section are very good. professional sounding work!!!

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...uth-etc/apisol-feed-feed-510134/#post49940514

Thank you bro :D! Yea I agree with the snare and hat mixing. I'll mix them better and louder for the next update. Same for the Reggaeton drums. All of the drums, except for the Trap open hats, are stock. I wanted to focus more on the mixing of the instruments and my composition. Thank you so much again bro! I left feedback on your thread :).

Cool blend! Good vibe and tempo! if you want a hard pounding vibe i would suggest some more hard-hitting drums.. some sub in your kick, and a bit more snappy snare. Keep it up :) Thank you for your feed! glad you liked it!

Thanks homie! Got it! The drums will for sure hit harder next update :D! And you're welcome bro anytime!

I love the ambiance of the intro, reminds me of a robot apocalypse. Personally I dont like the Air Horns. With the choir i would record the choir in a sampler, and maybe stretch them 2X to get them slow but creepy, then have the normal choir come in (maybe less of an attack on it though). I feel like there is a missing sub element, I know there is Sub-bass but maybe if you were to add more of a Low End EQ on it it would sound a bit smoother. The drums are a great pattern but they are a little lacking in energy, but it matches with the hybrid sound- so maybe add some fast hi-hats between some drum kicks and snares and a touch of reverb (with a samll-medium decay). At 52 seconds it gets louder, as if the master got bumped up with an automation- you may not want to make it louder that way since people dont like having to turn down the volume once they have it set ;). Awesome work man.

I love the ambiance of the intro, reminds me of a robot apocalypse. Personally I dont like the Air Horns. With the choir i would record the choir in a sampler, and maybe stretch them 2X to get them slow but creepy, then have the normal choir come in (maybe less of an attack on it though). I feel like there is a missing sub element, I know there is Sub-bass but maybe if you were to add more of a Low End EQ on it it would sound a bit smoother. The drums are a great pattern but they are a little lacking in energy, but it matches with the hybrid sound- so maybe add some fast hi-hats between some drum kicks and snares and a touch of reverb (with a samll-medium decay). At 52 seconds it gets louder, as if the master got bumped up with an automation- you may not want to make it louder that way since people dont like having to turn down the volume once they have it set ;). Awesome work man.

Hey homie! Wow I really like your idea for the choir! I will definitely try that out. Yea I haven't started any EQ work on the drums yet. That's my next step after I finalize the composition :). Do you mean for the trap build up? I already have hi hats playing during the Trap verse. Good ears man! I actually did have the muffled drums automated louder to compesate for the muffledness, but I ended up just turning up the volume through the EQ and I personally forgot to remove the automation lol. I'll get that fixed as well. Thanks again homie!

intro was damn nice. I like the overall melody. vocals are great. I don't like that siren you add, imo it's not fitting with the beat, but that's just me. I like the fact that you kept the percussion/tom sound from intro throughout the beat, that sound is really good. I think that beat lacks low en. in high freq is good, but it needs a bit more lower freq. you could also use some transitions and filters in your beat. overall I really liked it, great job!

Back