Dope French OST from '67 Grimey Sounds/Soulfull

@Dc Perhaps a tad less bass shelf eq on the sample, it semi howls if you know what i mean

Last edited:
I'm not knocking you guys efforts. But i'm realizing we need more diggers and knowlegable musicians up herein outside genres. Francis Lai's music has already been raped by producers. He's not new. His "Love Story" OST is one of the most sampled soundtracks of all times. MF DOOM, Capone, Immortal Tech(Dance with the devil song), Jae Millz, RZA, Wyclef and Pete Rock are just the names that come in to mind who have ripped his sound apart.

Francis lai is on of the most famous french composers of his time. He's the equivalent to Henry mancini, Hans Zimmer, Charles Aznovaur, ect.

I'm gonna start uploading you guys some real gems. I think i realized I got a more "rare" collection of music than I before thought over the last few days of reading "digger" posts.:cheers:

thats great to hear man!!!!

oh snap crackle and pop man i heard this song on one of my vinyls dam( but a remake)
its hot

francis lai has been sample many time before....for all my europe peeps in the house : theres a song by shabaam shadeeq 'takin ova'
the version i heard is different from the one most ppl have , it sampled a francis lai song 'man and woman' i think,and has this french moog feel to it ,has anybody heard this version before ? i been looking for it for ages now ...after i found the original sample i tried to remake the shabaam sahdeeq song ,ill upload it later for reference ,thanks

francis lai has been sample many time before....for all my europe peeps in the house : theres a song by shabaam shadeeq 'takin ova'
the version i heard is different from the one most ppl have , it sampled a francis lai song 'man and woman' i think,and has this french moog feel to it ,has anybody heard this version before ? i been looking for it for ages now ...after i found the original sample i tried to remake the shabaam sahdeeq song ,ill upload it later for reference ,thanks
not the one Tommy Tee produced?

pump ,, im not really sure who produced it,but i do know that tommy tee is featured on the song along with reservoir dogs,sinister voices .

edit : i just checked youtube ,and its not the US version.if its of any help,a french friend of mine let me borrow the album

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

heres a little snippet of the song i tried to remake

z*share.net/audio/73852711b6015993/

i think i looked it up once and came to find out it wasnt francis lai after all,im not quite sure to be honest,but i think its a cover of francis lai's man and woman

Last edited:
Back