does audio interfaces make any difference?

RhyanCrisis

i have a Fast track audio interface... i'm thinking of getting a Fast Track Pro or ultra... but is there any difference in recording wise?... or is the only difference in the interfaces is more outputs??.... i running Pro tools M-powered also.... so i can only use M powered PT gear if someone suggests a different interface

There is a difference when your dealing with more cheaper interfaces in sound. But i have a new fast track pro and been happy with it so far.

my opinion-> if you're asking this question get the second or third cheapest thing you can find

pro tools m powered is going to work just fine...let your mind get into the music

edit: re-read your post...you should probably stick with what you have if it's not giving you any problems

Last edited:
There are differences, as said, but going from the Fast Track to the marginally more expensive FTP isn't really gonna be a giant leap for mankind.

When it comes to music production (not voice recording) does it make a difference to have an audio interface installed?

Back