Do You Ever Use Loops? !poll!

Do you ever use loops to create your music??

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i like the melodie loops, dont use em too much.
but i do pull em out when i am have brain beat interference just spark some creativity.
to each his own :)

I use no loops. I feel restricted when I use them. Like, If i want a drum fill, or something changes, I want to have full control over my songs.

I just sometimes use some percussion loops, if I want to get the Timbo/Pollow feel.
But I never use lead loops or anything like that because I want my tracks to be original.

i don't use drumbreaks or drumloops from sample-cd's.
only drumloops i use are the patterns in Addictive Drums cause they aren't just samples but whole midi-files that go with the BPM of your beat.

I think it depends on which loops you use, and how often?! I think Drum Loops are not that bad to use, but Synth Loops are newbie-like.

I really don't understand all the hate on loops. A lot of the greatest producers use/d loops. J Dilla, ever heard of him? I hear he was pretty good lol, looped like a MF'er. Madlib? Looper. And you're really gonna come at me and say they didnt create their "own" music? C'mon man. Yeah, they took it and made it their own, sometimes indistinguisable, but a LOOP nonetheless. RZA? Kanye? scrubs, I know. Those cats were TOTAL noobs.

Last edited:
I use loops.. Most of the time I change the tempo,add effects and/or chop it up. Nothing wrong with it as long as the overall outcome is an original track.. I would never take instruments and drum loops and lay out a track someone else has already made tho, that's wack! May as well find a new profession/hobby.

I think alot of people here and producers here are too prideful to admit they use loops. I don't know what some of you guys call loops, but in terms of "chopping" the sample, alot of ya'll really just loop the samples. And tbh, nothing to be ashamed of. I generally hate beats that are chopped up beyond recognition because alot of times the song doesn't have any musical character to it. In other words, those who chop up beyond recognition kind of destroy the sample. Some guys, like premo and 9th are good at it, but most others end up ruining the og song for me.

Rap was built on rhyming over looped breaks from records! I'll use a looped drum break sampled off a record if I want to, no problem. If it's good enough for a cat like Q-Tip, it's good enough for me.

yea i use loops and i chop to. I'll do whatever i think sounds good idc who says what. you cant put urself in a box with limitations and rules as a producer or your sound will never evolve

i'll layer them. if im making DNB ill put a loop through a high pass filter jsut for some extra high end shiftiness. brings it together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back