Damn, RIP Nate Dogg.

any theories why he passed? Was he not taking care of himself?

I think those strokes he got were probably the result of an unhealthy lifestyle, I don't think I ever seen a picture of Nate Dogg where he didnt look tired or high as fuk.

I think those strokes he got were probably the result of an unhealthy lifestyle, I don't think I ever seen a picture of Nate Dogg where he didnt look tired or high as fuk.

Isn't it a common known fact that pretty much all musicians have an unhealthy lifestyle?

The Captain Hook. R.I.P.
A great artist with a life that can really be celebrated. Lamented too on his tragically young death. Praying for his family.

The hookfather of rap, R.I.P.

Yeah that's true.

Isn't it a common known fact that pretty much all musicians have an unhealthy lifestyle?

I'm not sure, if you talk about rockstars, or rappers, that's true, but for example Usher really takes care of his health and his voice, he works out every day, he eats healthy food, he doesn't smoke... Not sure if he is an exeption in music industry. But I think that "real" musicians (singers - r&b and pop (real pop - Shania Twain, Celine Dion, not Britney Spears or Lady Gaga)) has to take care of their health and voice otherwise they won't last long

Last edited:
I wonder how many rappers are playing off addictions as "being cool"

lol @ pop being "real" musicians.

Well, yeah... I meant to say singers instead of musicians...

But you do understand that there is more of pop beyond Britney Spears and Lady Gaga, right? Like I said, Celine Dion, Shania Twain, then Michael Buble, Josh Groban,Rufus Wainwright, Laura Pausini etc... a few names off the top of my head

But you do understand that there is more of pop beyond Britney Spears and Lady Gaga, right?

Of course, Popular Music is the most dynamic genre out of any form of music. It is the only genre around that may be completely different in 10 years time. Who knows (not that it is likely), Fingerstyle Guitar could be the main influence on Pop Music and there would be plenty of real musicians in the Pop scene (not that I could see it happening anytime soon). :cheers:

Back