Connectivity help!

tbur23

Hey everyone,

I'm really in need of some with the connection of my gear to my pc. I'm running cubase and for years have uses my pcs onboard soundcard. I now want to connect everything properly so am looking at USB interfaces. I've been recommended the saffire 6 from focusrite...

90% of my music is samples so I need to be able to record from my mixer into the pc. I also have an mpc that I need to slave and record into cubase, and finally be able to record vocals (while playing back the cubase and mpc parts of the music into the vocalists headphones.

What is the best way to achieve this? Run the mixer and sampler directly into the saffire, or run them to an amp and then run that into the Saffire? My monitors would be goig into the saffire so would the mpc need a dedicated channel in cubase to enable it to play back through the speakers?

I'm completely confused as on the saffire 6 at least, this has just two 'instrument' inputs which I believe to be mono? Yet this is what inta audio have suggested based on the set up described here.

Any help gratefully received!

Thanks

tim

Back