Clicks | FREE DOWNLOAD | Big Room

Hey man, you're definitely on the cusp of banger-territory. It sounds tight.

A few things I spotted which threw me off:
- That main riff is too short to be the full feature, you really need more variation (8 bar repetitions get samey fast, try and extend it to 16 before looping) or at least to automate the frequency of your main effect/filter so that the lead builds from sounding like you're outside the club toward full clarity. Right now, it's a little weak, especially when it comes back in after the drop. I liked the slide down at the end of the phrase though.
- Your drop kick is a little weak for big room. If you compare your drop to Garrix's Animals (which sounds like it could have been an influence), he really makes that kick the main feature with more of a click and a subby distorted tail. I dig the drop pattern itself.
- I think you need more flourishes like those you included at 2:04. Big room needs that earcandy. The build that follows is solid.

All in all, a solid effort. Did you do the mixing/mastering yourself?

Sounds are a bit high, aren't they?

Hmm, do you mean hot in the mix or too high-pitched?
Perhaps you mean my drums are drowning? lol. Let me know :)

Hey man, you're definitely on the cusp of banger-territory.

Thanks! That's what I'm aiming for <3

- That main riff is too short to be the full feature
- Your drop kick is a little weak for big room.
- I think you need more flourishes... Big room needs that earcandy.

Key points. I've definitely been working on my kicks, and I WAS going for an 'Animals', bro-house style kick at first but couldn't seem to shape it.
I need to get better at scrapping sounds and starting over instead of overproducing them to reach a sub-par result.
More flourishes, I agree. Thank you.

Did you do the mixing/mastering yourself?
I did! I arrange and mix in FL then bring everything over to Logic for mastering. You like?

Thanks so much for the feedback, guys. It really helps.

- shane

Dope, i like the part at 1.15 didn't expect that, overall great track, not my niche but i really appreciate listening to this kinda music so i think you did a good job! Keep it up! Props!

What's your standard procedure as far as mastering's concerned?

After I bounce my final Pre-Master mix I apply subtle Linear Phase EQing (Usually less than 1 dB on any particular band, never more than 3 dB), Multiband compression (Usually less than 1.2:1 compression ratio, never more than 1.5:1), and limiting of about -.1 or -.2 dB to avoid clipping when rendering to MP3.

As far as what's in the parenthesis, if you need any more than that it's usually time to revisit the mixing stage lol. Mastering is for ultra fine-tuning, not fixing mix problems ;)

Thanks, Kid Tzar!

Back