Clever Word Play, Double Meanings...on a tracks

jmbriley said:
I would say that the birth of this was Spice 1's song about the alcohol. I can't remember the name but that was the birth.

Spice 1 - 187 proof Hell ya that is a classic!

wanna talk about crazy wordplay...check out erick sermons music and react cd. he has this guy on their name sy scott...he is straight crazy. got to check out his lyrics i will post them on here later but his flow with it is one of a kind...

r-kelly f/jada kiss: fista (remix)

jada: i'm not a pimp i jus keep my hoes in order/
and i keep my wrist filled wit frozen water/
(that's hot ish)

nas (jay-z beef): ethier

nas: rocafeller died of aid, taht was the end of his chapter/ that's the mutha fu cka u chose 2 nme your company after/
(that whole song was the ish)

my artist shawn boyd u guy will be seein him soon lupe fiasco already pubin him 4 us, here it go tho

shawn boyd: what u want

chic's be at me for chip's and matrimony homie/
here's some frito lay's if u waitin for that ring u dyin seven day's/
(hot ish)

another one from my artist

shawn boyd:
i'm like magic johnson at a swingers party/
you wanna fuk with everybody but me, trust me/

that was a freestyle.

check a joint i did out it's a web commercial and 4 future producer website. here's the link

btw, i did the track and vocals (ceo of paper chase records)

god is lovin i am 2 peace

my bad

aid= aid's tath= that and guy=guy's

lol we all make mistakes

dayummm let me do it again

nas: rockefeller died of aid's that was the end of his chapter/ that the mu fu cka u chose 2 name ya company after/

oh yeah

nas (same song): i roc hoe's y'all rock fella's

another one of my old artist

teejay(mr windy city): i don't trust nor fu ck wit ni99a's these day's/ so jus role wit my rim's we around the same age/

hot ish

teejay (again)

ni99a's remind me of my dyk/ real soft around ni99as, but get hard aroun a bytch/

classic hot ish

shawn boyd (correction)

chic's be comin at me 4 chip's and matrimony, homie here's some frito lay's/ if u waitin 4 that ring u dyin in 7 day's/

CHI-TOWN STAND UP

IF U WANT 2 HERE SOME MORE SHAWN BOYD PM ME 1

MVP said:
"b!tch, u think im here cause im fantastic.
but in truth, im here because my mom hid in the basement while bombs were blasting.
U think ur government is purfect, but u aint asking
what **** has happened
(but ur thinking) dam, we put boots in their asses"

im from iran. This about the iraq/iran war where america supported iraq. I heared a country song(red, white, and blue) and it pissed me of. Yea, my mom, dad, and bro had to be in the basement so no light could warn of the airplanes that there is people there.

A Farsi cat on FP, right on.

IMO one of my fav old skool tracks like that is Common "I use to love her" that is a straight up classic track! Kool cigarettes sent me a hiphop CD in the mail with that and like 8 other joints from that era the other day. i don't know when or if i even signed up for some shyt form them i don't usually do stuff like that but I'm glad i did it brought back allot of memories.
I got that same CD!

How bout JADA' when he said

"...and I'm gon' get BUCKS like Milwaukee cause like SAM I Cassell..."

That ish there is a classic...sick wordplay, metaphors is sick....Jada was killin it around that time....

got more claps than the coliseum --Ice Cube

080905.jpg

just needed to stick this somewhere

by esoteric..

"cats say they strapped like they ready to blast, realistically they strapped meaning needing some cash"
(self explanatory)

"im a real mother****er like oepidus"
(oepidus had intercourse with his/its mother...nasty)

"i kill beats like heart disease"
(heartbeats...beats..yeah u get it)

"my verbal abuse has a use for sevring u dudes like a personal noose - u hang off every word i produce"

"hang with the noose...hang off words as in go along with whatever he says)

and that whole song "deathgrip" i think its called where u think hes talking about real **** but at the end u find out its only a video game...sounds kinda gay but its nice..

also...

J-Zone...****, cant beleive i forgot captain backslap...hes got the craziest topics going...i love the way he keeps it fun and on a real level

a favourite of mine is "no consequences" where he raps about what he'd do if there was no law

his **** is all good, buy the albums

Juxtapose said:
Yeah this is all tight and well...the whole "double meaning thing"...like where you think the MC is talking about one thing but it's another...much like a personification (like common's "i used to love her"). but you should really check out heads that are more spoken word like...i mean aesop rock's stuff is FULL of word play...of all sorts...double meanings...personifications...sick alliteration...

also check out local heads...my boy that just rapped over my track said "MC's are like overseers with their whips and chains"
literally = they are like slave masters you know like whips and leg chains...
double meaning = whips are cars (obviously) and chains (chains...jewelry)

theres a lot of hot local stuff just keep your eye peeled.

'How To Be A Carpentar'? (Where, I think, he is talking about skillz)

I should be able to come up with my own chunk of Hip-hop irony. I suck.

shawn boy: (female's) i'm so happy 2 serve em, and after i'm gone/ jump in the whip and spin off like they were part of a sitcom/

killahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Back