Bought an MPC 2000 today and.......

G

gnr2206

The down click on the cursor is not working making the device un useable, is there any way i can fix it ? besides getting an refund or new PCB multiboard

PLEASE HELP!

You can desolder the tact switch under the button and buy a new one at radio shack and solder it back in.

Is it the actual switch, or the plastic. The plastic wears. I had the same issue and just heated up the tabs so it was hitting the switch right. It was supposed to be a temp fix but still works so I never ordered the replacement.

Unplug the machine first. Take the case off (pretty easy even if you are not mechanically inclined). Pull the plastic peice off for the cursor buttons. Plug the machine in, turn it on, and touch the micro switches. If they function, you need to replace the plastic peice. If it doesn't, you need to replace the switch.

The plastic peice is easy to replace if you got that far. The switch takes some skills in electronics so I would send it in. Test it first at home if you know how to turn a screwdriver because it may only cost $5 for a plastic piece.

no its not the plastic case i took off the case and pressed the actual button without the pastic case on it and its not working.

the only way to fix is the the way that guy said it, desolder it and resolder a new one. i dunno how to do the dat

well then you can learn or you can pay someone else to do it or you can try to return/sell it

Back