Beware of thses scamming advertising sites my fellow producers

TheMarksman

ThaMarksman
A week ago i purchased for $65 advertising links to be posted on these websites by a guy named andrew @ this email Andrew2580@aol.com im thinking its a hiphop site and some of the audience has to be artist as well and what the hell the traffics pretty high .He told me these sites get traffic from the high thousands and i checked the sites out and they where all working fine as you can see now some dont work and he hasnt contacted me in a week so far i receive 10 hits from all these sites and no beat buys on my site i'm thinking those where him trying to make it look like interested buyers.Im pissed off and don't want any of you to get ripped off even though were all in competition of each other none of you deserve this stay away!

http://pinchpoke.com/videos/
URL: 2Pac | Tupac Shakur | Makaveli - Thugz-Network.com
Mac Dre
IMMORTAL TECHNIQUE
Hip Hop
Index of /
: Str8 Westcoast

How were you guaranteed this beat sells and exposure? A few of the sites you've listed seem kind of useless to me. Paying for exposure is the industry norm; however, you've got to do your research before hand. Not only that, but you should handle this aspect of business communication yourself as much as possible; instead of hiring someone to do it for you. Contact webmasters and administrators yourself and find out what they need for you in order to get advertising on their site. This is the only way to protect yourself from being scammed. BTW, did you send the guy your Press Kit, or did he even ask for one?

I hope you have better luck in the future.

How were you guaranteed this beat sells and exposure? A few of the sites you've listed seem kind of useless to me. Paying for exposure is the industry norm; however, you've got to do your research before hand. Not only that, but you should handle this aspect of business communication yourself as much as possible; instead of hiring someone to do it for you. Contact webmasters and administrators yourself and find out what they need for you in order to get advertising on their site. This is the only way to protect yourself from being scammed. BTW, did you send the guy your Press Kit, or did he even ask for one?

I hope you have better luck in the future.

this is great info for those looking to advertise or make some money from e-advertising using their site
Online Magazine Advertising : Ezine Promotion & Ezine Marketing
Advertise & Submit website! Increase traffic + free advertising exchange links
Yext PowerListings
Where will my ads appear? - AdWords Help
Attracting Advertisers - Getting People to Advertise On Your Web Site
Advertising Your Blog on Other Websites for Free: How You Can Take Advantage of a No-Cost Strategy | Blogelina
Successful Strategies For Selling Ad Space On Low-Traffic Websites - Smashing Magazine
Calamities of Nature - Making Money From Advertising on Your Website, Webcomic, or Blog
Online Business Guide: 20 Free Ways to Advertise Your Web Site
https://adspeed.com/Knowledges/1104/Blog/How_much_charge_advertising_website.html
BidVertiser - Pay Per Click Advertising On Sites Of Your Choice.
Google Ads
things are some links where you can start your research

http://www.brandsquare.com/

Last edited:
You may not want to hear this, but I am not quite sure that this guy scam you. I don't think he gave you the type of ads you were looking for (hence why you have gotten so few hits), but marksmanbeatz.com are on his sites they are just not in good click-through spots. This mean the chances of someone going to your site from them are pretty low but they are there.

Sorry, but this is a classic example of shooting for quantity of links and not QUALITY of links. You would be better off advertising on one good site instead of seven bad ones. Now these sites are not really bad but may not have the correct traffic for you. You have to ask questions because it is not just about traffic numbers. Where will the link be put? Below the fold or above the fold, etc.? You can advertise on a site that gets 5000 hits a day but if their views don't buy beats then it is worthless to you. What key words are you shooting for? If you don't know then how do you know where to advertise? Find that out first and then advertising on the sites that rank high for those keywords. If you need a spot to advertise let me know. Good luck to you.

Himbeat good info there...I never advertise through another website ...as I never had a website up and looking for ways to get visible to indie artists and labels...as well make my site visible to churches
what do you make to place on other ppl sites...I know through Hostbaby you can put your music store widget anywhere
and
https://members.cdbaby.com/link-maker.aspx
so how do I make a graphic link say to my coaching/consulting section of my website
and then have a graphic link say to my Change Hearts and Minds network section of my website
and then to have a graphic link to my home page
I would like to have the graphic link have some movement to it I guess it's
flash graphics???
I think alot of ppl would love to know this info and probably alot of ppl know this but I'm new to be a webmaster

Last edited:
Himbeat good info there...I never advertise through another website ...as I never had a website up and looking for ways to get visible to indie artists and labels...as well make my site visible to churches
what do you make to place on other ppl sites...I know through Hostbaby you can put your music store widget anywhere
and
https://members.cdbaby.com/link-maker.aspx
so how do I make a graphic link say to my coaching/consulting section of my website
and then have a graphic link say to my Change Hearts and Minds network section of my website
and then to have a graphic link to my home page
I would like to have the graphic link have some movement to it I guess it's
flash graphics???
I think alot of ppl would love to know this info and probably alot of ppl know this but I'm new to be a webmaster

Well my advice would be that you should always include other websites as part of your SEM. Beyond click ads and other SEM tactics, running ads on other websites is a great way to gain targeted traffic. But keys to being successful are:

Know the traffic you are paying for.
Know where your link will be on the website
Know the key words the website ranks high on.
Know the key words YOU want to rank higher for.
Know your ROI for this type of advertising.

As for graphic links they are pretty easy, you just add your URL to the HTML for each graphic creating a link. You of course can have this link go to wherever you want i.e; Change Hearts and Minds Network or whatever. You are basicly creating a link exchange within your own sites. Speaking of link exchanges, I would caution anyone using those to create traffic. Google is not dumb and sites set up just to drive false traffic to pages may cause your page to get flagged. Sometime you don't want.

Yes, your graphic can be in flash but you can also make it as a gif image and make it moveable.

I am going to write a book on everything you need set up a music website, but I just been too busy..lol.

ebook are great source of revenue for music professionals..everyone wants to just make music...
that's why I made sure my business is a media/ent company you can expand in many directions

^^^^ Yes...you are the one that should be writing an ebook my brother in Christ, not me..lol. You are a talented cat with a lot of info to give. Open Office is a great free program that you can write it in. I don't know if it will let you say it as a PDF file or not, but I am sure that there are programs other then Acrobat for 500 bucks that you can use. I would buy your book for sure man!

I'm already working on my 101 tips series of ebooks...
HOLY LAMB MEDIA & ENTERTAINMENT Media/ENT.
Business Coaching & Consulting, Video,Graphic,Photography,Recording Studio ,Business & Biblical Based Literature and Music
my company is not just about music it's about literture too..for sure
wrote a some articles already in Open Office for my blog...

yeah you can use Self Publishing on Kindle | Publish Book on iPad | BookBaby
once you get your book done and
price you books at $5 a piece you'll sell alot more
been reading up on publishing business for a while alot to get you head around..
101 Tips For Business music Professionals and Managers
1o1 Tips For Home Based Business Owners
101 Tips For Internet Entrepreneurs
101 Tips For Saving Money and Building a Budget
I have about 20 topics I want to roll out each book has 101 pages and each page is the tip,info from a expert/how you (the reader) can use the tip in real life
so get ready to get in my books you will be interviewed lol...

sidenote $65 doesn't sound bad for testing the water of an advertising opportunity

Last edited:
According to my view, Before we choosing any advertising site we must go the complete portfolio of that company and it will be better to know the reviews of that company. Now-a-days, There is a slight difference will be, only there between the best and scam advertising sites.

Back