Best Software for quality R&B production?

ok, so I went back and revisited Komplete...

I guess I was kinda wrong...

the pianos and synths are really good... buuuut the other included sounds aren't as good though... most of the stuff in the "kontakt library" is just decent...
its the additional modules that sound really good... berlin piano, new york piano etc....

so yeah, it would be a good purchase especailly given the fact that Komplete 8 comes with session strings pro... the newer versions should add in something for brass and guitars into the package though..

Reaktor doesn't entice me in it's entirety, but extensions like TheFinger (compare to SugarBytes Artillary and Izotope Stutter Edit) and TheMouth (great vocoder) make it worthwhile. Razor is also a worthy synth as other ensembles.

Kontakt is the best value out of it and its included libraries exceed the cost of Komplete if purchased separately. Modern Drummer?? OMG I used that for track in signature. Session Strings? I put that into EastWest Spaces, and it blows me away.

FM8 is awesome too, search youtube for some incredible things done with it:
Adagio for Strings - FM8 remix - YouTube
Space Opera - FM8 remix - YouTube

Guitar Rig is awesome too and comes with convolution

Massive has its place in the club vibe. I've also used it for Sub bass in rnb.

Don't look back on Komplete...its the best rounded bundle you will ever find.

Last edited:
Reaktor doesn't entice me in it's entirety, but extensions like TheFinger (compare to SugarBytes Artillary and Izotope Stutter Edit) and TheMouth (great vocoder) make it worthwhile. Razor is also a worthy synth as other ensembles.

Kontakt is the best value out of it and its included libraries exceed the cost of Komplete if purchased separately. Modern Drummer?? OMG I used that for track in signature. Session Strings? I put that into EastWest Spaces, and it blows me away.

FM8 is awesome too, search youtube for some incredible things done with it:
Adagio for Strings - FM8 remix - YouTube
Space Opera - FM8 remix - YouTube

Guitar Rig is awesome too and comes with convolution

Massive has its place in the club vibe. I've also used it for Sub bass in rnb.

Don't look back on Komplete...its the best rounded bundle you will ever find.

yea i've been knowing about FM8... its a beast...
the entire package is really good, I guess first time I tried it I was just thrown off by the sounds in the "kontakt library" module...
I was messing around with reaktor but I couldn't really figure it out, I think it can do some crazy things it was just kind of a headache going through it though...

I guess this whole package is pretty close or even on par with buying an actual motif or fantom or w/e....

something like this and a DAW of you choice and really all thats all you need....
if you put time into each vst that comes with this you really have all you need to make w/e you want...

Ima save up and get this again I guess... but I'll prob wait for Komplete 9, hopefully they update with brass and guitars...

but yea... NI did good....

Check out Studio Drummer inside of Sonar as well I have version 2 and its ok for r&b drums though not as versatile as version 3 if you have Producer. Outside of that I agree with everyone else Komplete 8 ultimate is a good choice for you.

The Kontakt Library doesn't have a huge variety of brass but the VSL stuff they do have is good. Note it's Ultimate that comes with EVERYTHING AND THE KITCHEN SINK from NI. I had a face-palm moment after buying the non-Ultimate version. Still may eventually upgrade but since it's already June I might as well wait.

Last edited:
Best Kontakt Acoustic Guitar: Nylon Guitar

I agree with Elctri6ity. Nice library.

Just as NI released Session Strings, I believe they are working on a brass library. It just takes time to make something good and minimize the size. I expect them to be on the heels of EastWest. They have a library to compete with just about everything EW has.

---------- Post added at 05:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 AM ----------

If you already invested in Komplete 7 and above, I'd wait for Komplete 9 Ultimate. I'm sure Kontakt will get a nice upgrade and new librarys included. I don't know the future of Battery...it may stay as is.

"Best Kontakt Acoustic Guitar: Nylon Guitar

I agree with Elctri6ity. Nice library.

Just as NI released Session Strings, I believe they are working on a brass library. It just takes time to make something good and minimize the size. I expect them to be on the heels of EastWest. They have a library to compete with just about everything EW has.

---------- Post added at 05:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 AM ----------

If you already invested in Komplete 7 and above, I'd wait for Komplete 9 Ultimate. I'm sure Kontakt will get a nice upgrade and new librarys included. I don't know the future of Battery...it may stay as is."

Yeah Im hoping your right... I'm definitely gonna grab version 9 either way, but Im hoping they deal with the brass and guitars on that one...

Battery is bound for an upgrade. It's been the same since Komplete 6. I don't really use it though.

Battery is a beast my dude... after they put the timestretch in on version 3 I dont really even think it needs much else after that... maybe they can work on making the timestretch abilities better but I dont know if it really needs additional features...

I been really getting into using the stock kits it comes with lately and tweaking those sounds... the drums that come with kontakt are DOPE for that.. .my boy has version 6 or 7 I think so he has only one kit I think but it sounds crazy.... you pretty much have an actual drum kit at your disposal...

one thing I would like to see battery do is allow you to mix and match the kits... I'm not sure if theres a way to do this already... but they should allow you to take a kick (with all the sampler layers and velocity triggers) from say the marching band kit and load it up with a snare (with all its sample layers and velocity triggers) from say the production kit...
that woudl be dope..

right now only way I can do that is load up multiple instances and kits just to use a kick from one kit and a snare from another... thats really not an efficient use of computer resources though... I know u can use the wav separately but that doesnt bring over one wav as opposed to all the other wav that were attached to it in the kit... but yeah they should let u do that in a newer version..

right now only way I can do that is load up multiple instances and kits just to use a kick from one kit and a snare from another... thats really not an efficient use of computer resources though... I know u can use the wav separately but that doesnt bring over one wav as opposed to all the other wav that were attached to it in the kit... but yeah they should let u do that in a newer version..

Use Kontakt's update sample pool and sample purge. That way you use only the wavs you need.

I'm gonna have to chime in and give a +1 or Kontakt. There are so many libraries that you'll never run out of sounds.

are you going by experience or something you read somewhere or youtube?

I only speak on experience. I own it, also made some youtube videos using it. Ilya makes the best nylon acoustic guitar library...far better than the VIR2's Acoustic Legends. I can't speak for Electric guitars because I use various tastes for that. I even run acoustic gtars through Waves GTR suite.

Last edited:
not questioning your experience but the other individual... he is co-signing... i was asking him... because last week he wrote the sounds in komplete were not up to par... i.e. not inspiring!!! therefore... i was asking him about his experience with the product (nylon acoustic)...

again... i do not use enough acoustic guitar in my music where nylon acoustic or acoustic legends would make a difference... i just know... if i am looking for a acoustic guitar patch... acousitc legends will do... or there are a few acoustic guitar patches in omnisphere i like also... plus... i own... Takamine Series G acoustic/electric guitar... nothing bets the real thing!!!

p.s. i run my acoustic guitar through Guitar Rig 5 Pro...

oh, naw I never said that...
I was quoting someone else and then I was responding to them, the quote stuff didnt come out properly...

and i juuusss saw the cell option in the browser, im a goof, i know...

Guys, just an update, I bought Komplete 8 Ultimate, picked it up last Friday and installed it on Saturday, I think it's awesome! So many sounds it's unreal. I actual think the stock Kontakt library has some pretty decent and usable sounds in it - acoustic guitars are the only thing I was disappointed with - as far as I can see, only 1 acoustic guitar in the whole lot so far, but I've not really spent a huge amount of time with it so maybe I'll find some more. Battery is fantastic as are the Kontakt piano libraries - also loving Retro Machines 2, The Finger and all the effects in GR5 - Stunning! Thanks for the advise, glad I got this.......

Guys, just an update, I bought Komplete 8 Ultimate, picked it up last Friday and installed it on Saturday, I think it's awesome! So many sounds it's unreal. I actual think the stock Kontakt library has some pretty decent and usable sounds in it - acoustic guitars are the only thing I was disappointed with - as far as I can see, only 1 acoustic guitar in the whole lot so far, but I've not really spent a huge amount of time with it so maybe I'll find some more. Battery is fantastic as are the Kontakt piano libraries - also loving Retro Machines 2, The Finger and all the effects in GR5 - Stunning! Thanks for the advise, glad I got this.......

:cheers: waiting to hear what you make with it.

do you remember posting this... it is in this thread... it seems like you were talking in the "first" person and not someone else..

remember posting that?

yea, I said I was wrong a bunch of posts after that...
track that one down too...

Back