best mpc to work with on a motif xs?

D major

I just got maschine and this thing is amazing but i just mainly use it as a standalone and just use it for sampled beats then transfer them to logic later. Now i think working on a computer is cook and in someways faster to but i also like being off the computer and just making a fast beat on the motif but the thing is i need a good stock of drums to work in combination with my motif and the stocks are getting old. i had a mpc2500 but sold it a long time ago just cause i didn't need it at the time but now am ready to use it for real. Not too sure if i wanna mess around with the floppys but i know you can expand the older models with a flash ram but still not to sure if i wanna do that. I hear the 4000 is kinda the best to get and the 5000 is talked about being shit bt there are some who stick up for it.Not really needing any extra features unless they will help me with a faster paced workflow and will be able to deliver everytime.Would like a few opinions on this and let me know if you think its even worth getting a mpc when i already got maschine cause i still dont know if i can even work with maschine and a motif as one and still have the fast paced work enviorment as just a total hardware setup.

p.s found a deal on the 5000 for 1200 so i get that or the 4000?

nah man i just want the same creativity outside as i do inside. Come on you cant hate for me wanting both.G.A.S ?

Last edited:
Don't forget that with the upcoming 1.6 update, you will be able to run Motif XS INSIDE Maschine because Motif comes with a Editor plugin. That means Maschine will save and remember all the settings for Motif within its project. No need to save separately on both units. And Maschine's sequencer will have full control of every parameter on the Motif.

I actually dont know anything about the motifs editor cause i just dont use it. Im alittle slow can you explain in detailed info on what this could do for me?

You can do it now using it like you do with MPC via MIDI out of Maschine to trigger sounds on Motif.

Or like I said in that post, with the 1.6 update, you could load the Motif editor that comes as a vst plugin, into Maschine and that will allow total control of every parameter of Motif from Maschine's sequencer.

Back