Best drumkit that you ever bought?

I like Goldbaby sp1200 808 kicks better than the tape 808 kicks. I haven't heard their analogue 808 but I'm soooooooooooo done with 808s.

I think it depends on the person, i like their stuff therefore i'll pay for it. I like the quality and energy they put into their sounds. Soon i'll even pay them for personal custom sounds.
I think 4 5 and 6 are my favs but all of them are nice and have their advantages. And their electro kit is nice as well. The demo doesn't do the kits any justice lol but i think they're worth it taking into account the time and energy they put into them.
I am looking for non 808 type stuff just hard hitting kicks and snares more traditional hip hop stuff that could work in a variety of kinds of music looking at trying more modern pop Katy Perry Lady Gaga type ish

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 PM ----------

I like Goldbaby sp1200 808 kicks better than the tape 808 kicks. I haven't heard their analogue 808 but I'm soooooooooooo done with 808s.
yeah me too for the most part though I really like the tape 808s for drum samples I generally don't care for 808 samples as I feel they are limiting compared to using a synth

In that case i would recommend urban fire fatloud and sounds in HD for hard hitting stuff, like i said i combine them all. But the Urban Fire stuff alone would be good enough for me. I like banging kits as well, but they're stuff leave no room for layering, you're limited
to only using them for specific types of records but they are phat.

I am looking for non 808 type stuff just hard hitting kicks and snares more traditional hip hop stuff that could work in a variety of kinds of music looking at trying more modern pop Katy Perry Lady Gaga type ish

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 PM ----------

yeah me too for the most part though I really like the tape 808s for drum samples I generally don't care for 808 samples as I feel they are limiting compared to using a synth

In that case i would recommend urban fire fatloud and sounds in HD for hard hitting stuff, like i said i combine them all. But the Urban Fire stuff alone would be good enough for me. I like banging kits as well, but they're stuff leave no room for layering, you're limited
to only using them for specific types of records but they are phat.
That's actually what I am looking for I have a wide variety of drum sounds (addictive drums, reason drum kits, reason disco school, tons of break beats) but a lot of that stuff fits only in with certain kinds of music quickly and easily.

Goldbaby 808 & 909 sets and Vengeance Essentials Club 1-4. The kicks and snares are amazing. You don't even have to treat them.

I been keeping up with Boi-1da because he's releasing a vol 2 sound kit soon. Apparently it's going to be way more organized than the first one, which will be dope. Hopefully this one remains free, although I did see him tweet that people that join the new forum on his website will get access to it ahead of time.

:berzerk:

lol. I'm goin ham when it drops. I still use the first one religiously.

^ his drum kit was decent but I wouldn't ever pay for another one as I never use it.

What's everyone's deal with Goldbaby ? Sure there's like one or two good 808s in there but rest sound like *******.

I agree that the best stuff is out there for free. You just got to keep looking. I could advise you - filthy drums. Have been sitting on them for a while!

Back