Best Drum programming?

Wals Kronkite said:

Havoc is great from what i have heard of his. i ain't heard much, but i like what i have heard.

Ima have to go with Timbo,Swiss, and in R&B Darkchild. Yeah Havoc doing his thing two. Im feeling that 1 he hit off Game with on his album.

RZA is sick as well. Check out that old Wu stuff like 36 Chambers, OB4CL etc. RZA's drum programming is heavy because he had so much swing on them. Drum programming isn't just about quantizing them perfectly etc, the rugged drums can be just as effective...

CASTLE HILL said:
I am more of a fan of the actual drum sounds. My favorite is Havoc and I love 9th Wonders, crisp drums on the listening album.I love that Boom Bap style but many commercial artists today dont want those old school type drums.

+1 w/ Havoc

Although he is gaining much respect as of late, his programming and sample use on "Infamous" & "Hell On Earth" was out of this world!

im gonna have to go with liam howlett,timbaland,cannibal ox's producer or me.

Drop-a-Beat23 said:

Ima have to go with Timbo,Swiss, and in R&B Darkchild. Yeah Havoc doing his thing two. Im feeling that 1 he hit off Game with on his album.

SSSSSSSWWWWIISSSSS!!!!!?!??!?!??!?! :mad:

:( fuk it. ok swizz got nice drums then.

I'm into Rodney Jerkins, especially on the first DC albumn, not just drums but the whole track is rhthmically hot, esp "Bills Bills Bills" ...

And I don't just follow what's hot right now, I'm still getting inspriation from the groove programming on TLC's "Fanmail" esp "Silly Ho" and "My Life" ...

swizz had pretty "complex" drum patterns back in the days.... or maybe he was randomly knocking the pads on the mpc

other than him, i'd say timbo, just blaze, mannie fresh and david banner (although i dislike most of his beats)

Back