best and worst things that happened to you in this year (related to music of course)

Hades said:
hey balma, Bob didn´t sang it without a reason : "no woman, no cry"

if I think of the amount of people that I know that are great, but for some reason don´t have a girlfriend or boyfriend, I always wonder why that is.
hmm, just yesterday I told a friend of mine who dumped his girl "man, she´s goodlooking, has an excellent sense of humour, is fun to be around with and is even creative... if I were you I´d think twice, it takes a long time before you find women who have all four of these combined in one fine creature." He ignored my advice, I wonder how long it will take untill he regrets this. :D
there´s a popular poster here, seen in many student bedrooms, saying : "Beer, helping ugly people have sex since 1865 !" or something similar. quite a funny poster.
but anyways, completely going offtopic here, sorry.

balma, the older you get, the more young and naive women you might run into, no ? perhaps there´s a (temporarely) solution. :D

Yeah, single women rules!
When you don't have'em, you have to focus mmore your attention somewhere else, like music...but you need another distraction.

I'll dedicate this year to self propagation.

alex23 said:
Do you know how hard it is to orchestrate an 8 hour session now? Once upon a time, I could do that every night... *sigh*

wow!!! she mustv'e been elated to recieve such lengthy sessions. i've been relegated to a consistent 2.5 minutes of session perfomance and my lady is .......uhhhh.....displeased.......i just roll over and start workin on my motif7............wait:( ...........

what type sessions are you guys talkin about :confused: ?????

best: applying to berklee (fingers still crossed)

worst: having to put my computer and instruments in storage for 6 months while we moved/looked for a house =/

ehh...broke even.

I know im late for this but...

OMG balma hole in the wall?!?!
I fell off my chair reading that! Im ok tho, my head bounced off Beyonce's firm thighs.

She told me she loved me but she said she found someone else, I asked who...

she revealed an FP tattoo on her left breast.
:cry:......:bigeyes:......:D

Originally posted by j-traxx what type sessions are you guys talkin about :confused: ?????
Exactly what you assumed initially, which is why I don't have as much time for music anymore :)

StopRushing said:
I know im late for this but...

OMG balma hole in the wall?!?!
I fell off my chair reading that! Im ok tho, my head bounced off Beyonce's firm thighs.

She told me she loved me but she said she found someone else, I asked who...

she revealed an FP tattoo on her left breast.
:cry:......:bigeyes:......:D

ummmmmm blade is definately NOT going to like this.

you know that's his girl right? .....

awww spit. you done phukked up now.
ooooooooooh :bigeyes:

hey, I know this sounds sexistic, and I really don´t wanna sound that way. (I really respect women) but why is it I meet creative men regularly, but seldomly meet a creative woman ? (for music though, I´m not saying painting or film or so)
I mean, if I meet some, they´re professional musicians and have studied music univ. But as for amateur musicians, I always run into lots more men than women.
A few years back, I always dreamed of meeting women that are addicted to music the same way some of us here are, but I gave that up nowadays. I consider myself happy if she doesn´t complain too often if I´m busy with it.
reality bites. :cry:

Since I added her to my "bad" list, I kinda feel like I should say something nice here :)

My grrl writes music for film & television professionally and is currently looking at a State govt. grant to compose classically-styled pieces for community orchestras. She writes trance for fun (when she has the time) and as she's the concert officer for the School of Music at one of the universities here, she has the freedom to put on two concerts of her own each year...one of which she's hoping to be a trance piece performed by a live orchestra (I'm angling SO DAMN MUCH to get a hiphop track of mine performed too :D).

She's incredibly patient, has the amazing ability to understand what it is I value in the music I like even if it doesn't interest her at all and is always able to comment pertinently on my work.

And we're getting our own place together next week :p

You can probably tell I'm pretty damn smitten :)

Last edited:
Hades said:
hey, I know this sounds sexistic, and I really don´t wanna sound that way. (I really respect women) but why is it I meet creative men regularly, but seldomly meet a creative woman ? (for music though, I´m not saying painting or film or so)
I mean, if I meet some, they´re professional musicians and have studied music univ. But as for amateur musicians, I always run into lots more men than women.
A few years back, I always dreamed of meeting women that are addicted to music the same way some of us here are, but I gave that up nowadays. I consider myself happy if she doesn´t complain too often if I´m busy with it.

A creative women left me nuts for the rest of my life. I blame her for not scoring!
She left something hanging from the ceiling of my bedroom, is like those things that mothers put on the baby's bed hanging from wires with funny small toys, I don't know the name of the thing in English, but this one is made
of sea shells and she made it. I think that goddamn thing has a spell, or something, voodoo, macumba. Since she put that just upper my bedrooms door, no woman can go in....:cry:

Better focus on music... music!

Originally posted by balma She left something hanging from the ceiling of my bedroom, is like those things that mothers put on the baby's bed hanging from wires with funny small toys, I don't know the name of the thing in English, but this one is made of sea shells and she made it. I think that goddamn thing has a spell, or something, voodoo, macumba. Since she put that just upper my bedrooms door, no woman can go in....:cry:
See, I'm sure it was intended as a sweet gesture but now I've got some weird "Blair Witch" style imagery in my head :) (It's called a 'mobile' in English, btw).

Me, I'm a big believer in the power of symbols...if this thing is grounding your mojo, do something satisfying to reverse the process... I recommend fire, it's a great cleanser :)

Hades said:

I know I'm no great musician in any way, but I am addicted to music. In fact, since I returned home, I don't think I've turned off my stereo system once.

alex, you´re lucky.
Mine played the piano for over 6 years or so, but quited in favour of horseriding :cry: when she was 14 or so. I´ve begged her soooo many times to sit behind my piano and just play one tune (even if it´s just "mary has a little mmm flamethrower") that she remembers. I´ve been waiting for four years now and nothing happens.
Even worse, a guy I know comes over. I hate the guy, cause all he does is mumble about synths, and you can hear after 2 seconds he doesn´t know what he´s talking about, but whatever you say, he will disagree (with no real arguments) just for the sake of disagreeing. Frustrating....
Any way, the guy hits your piano like chord on the left, broken chord on the right, and repeats this with a three chordpattern for a boring 12 minutes at least. And when you finally get him out of the house, you crawl into your bed and your girl says "what was that nice pianoplaying".
After that suddenly the urge to see her play disappeared quite quickly. I felt like she just confessed to me "I like Richard Kleiterman" or something.
:cry:
alex, you are really really lucky.
give her a big hug from us here ok ?

on the other hand, her horseriding did give her those excellent womentennislegs nowadays !! mmmmm jammy... it´d be a hard choice if I could swap now :D

Back