BeatThang Virtual

8Bars

I just purchased the new Beatthang Virtual beat making program and I'm pretty impressed. The quality of sounds and free content that you get for the price is well worth it. There are a few limitations to the program but considering this is the first version and the fact that once you make the initial investment you get upgrades for life you can't really lose. Like Just Blaze however the only thing I really don't like about this program is the fact that it's called the BEATTHANG. If you're a beginner producer or beatmaker and you are looking for a cheap program to help you start off your career then check out the BeatThang Virtual.

8 Bars

^ lol. well to each his own. most people that I know that can afford the hardware like mpc's and fantoms (which I want by the way) don't like alot of the beat making programs. I'm not saying it's a great program there are alot of limitations but considering what I got for the price I thought it was worth it.

I got it too, think it has potential but for now I'm not really usin it, some nice drums tho I exported them all and made some dope kits for the fpc in FL studio

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 PM ----------

The name is a big put off lol, shoulda just called it BTV

I bought it too. At $150, it's worth it just for the sounds. I pick which sounds I want and just make a slop track and exported it. Once it's in a .wav file I open it and chop it in Live. I never use BTV's sequencer.

Just saw on Gearwire a couple minutes ago that they dropped the price to $99. I use Maschine and I am happy with it for my drums generally, but do you think the library that comes with it is worth $99? Seem like nobody has been doggin' on the sounds too bad, and it comes with like 3000 sounds or something like that.

Just saw on Gearwire a couple minutes ago that they dropped the price to $99. I use Maschine and I am happy with it for my drums generally, but do you think the library that comes with it is worth $99? Seem like nobody has been doggin' on the sounds too bad, and it comes with like 3000 sounds or something like that.

The sounds are well worth $99 even $149...plus 1 years subscription to rocbattle is worth $60...lease 5 beats on there @ $20 and you got ya money back... nothing to lose...

Beatthang is the wackest beat machine/ u could buy and the beatkangz dont care about nothin but your money and they dont care about your support the virtual and the hardware is buggy as hell and when you try to tell them what they need to fix on the thang and they start actin cocky like nothings wrong with the thang when all the users are saying its buggy. they played a bunch of people when they 1st started i was on their 1st site that they took down cuz everybody in the forum was make them look bad complaining about their lies and lack of good support then they started claiming Dallas austin created it lol he did not create that thang............all u need is the sounds the sound designers from dopesound are dope jus get all the sounds as wav and put them in whatever u use like maschine thats what i recommend and ive used both the virtual and the hardware the beatkangz are wack!! trust me i will never again purchase a thing from them

---------- Post added at 02:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 AM ----------

dont believe me ask st. joe or eturnal soulja we were there since the begining of the whole beatthang sh**

Beatthang is the wackest beat machine/ u could buy and the beatkangz dont care about nothin but your money and they dont care about your support the virtual and the hardware is buggy as hell and when you try to tell them what they need to fix on the thang and they start actin cocky like nothings wrong with the thang when all the users are saying its buggy. they played a bunch of people when they 1st started i was on their 1st site that they took down cuz everybody in the forum was make them look bad complaining about their lies and lack of good support then they started claiming Dallas austin created it lol he did not create that thang............all u need is the sounds the sound designers from dopesound are dope jus get all the sounds as wav and put them in whatever u use like maschine thats what i recommend and ive used both the virtual and the hardware the beatkangz are wack!! trust me i will never again purchase a thing from them

---------- Post added at 02:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 AM ----------

dont believe me ask st. joe or eturnal soulja we were there since the begining of the whole beatthang sh**

I back that statement fully, I tried to get the program to work but gave up on it long ago, the drums are nice tho, if any1 wants them hit me up, got em all exported and sorted

I back that statement fully, I tried to get the program to work but gave up on it long ago, the drums are nice tho, if any1 wants them hit me up, got em all exported and sorted

how the heck did you extract all those sounds? Each kit had tons of sounds going up many octaves of a 61 key keyboard? I'm astounded.

But unfortunately, I kind of agree with you guys about some of that. The software is buggy and it doesn't seem to have multiple outputs and it renders SLOWLY. But yeah, the sounds are good. I wish I'd just bought a regular CD-ROM sound library from BK instead.

Last edited:
how the heck did you extract all those sounds? Each kit had tons of sounds going up many octaves of a 61 key keyboard? I'm astounded....
..I just did a live export going thru each kit one sound at a time then chopped, edited and sorted into kicks, snares, claps, hats, cymbals, fx and percussion

Back