Beat lengths

chrisbanks

I was just wondering what some of you go with in length of beats. Do you typically just cut it after a certain amount of verse's and chorus' ? or is it more about the amount of minutes and seconds you try and end up with?

Is there a certain standard most beat makers use? cause for me I feel like sometimes making a beat too short or too long is a bit unusual, but slower tempo beats call for longer lengths of time to get the full three verse three chorus format. Typically I end in the 5:30-6:30 minutes. Is this too long of a beat you think?

Oh! and also, is there a certain way you like to end your beats? do you generally like fading most of your beats or do you just let it fall off after the end of the verse/chorus?

Honestly for hip hop I usually go for intro,verse chorus,verse,chorus and outro,Rnb i go for intro,verse,chorus,verse,chorus,verse,chorus,outro-note i still havent mastered bridges so I'm guessing it should come right before the third chorus
*hip hop i make the verse 16 bars,chorus 8 bars,intro about 4 bars
*rnb almost the same too
*it's not written in stone how long a song should be but by listening closely maybe humming some vocals yourself you can feel which part of the song is too long,perfect,or too short.

Back