Automating Trigger samples, PLEASE HELP ME

D33JAX

Hello,

I an having trouble finding a way I can create a winding up effect in my song.

I want to create a buildup by getting a sound to play slow, to fast. I think you dont get what im saying lol. heres an example:

Bassjackers- Bring the beat. after the 1st drop. theres that synth that get played slowly but then winds up and leads to a build I want to know how I can do that in flstudio.

Thanks so much :)

I tried to find a video for you, but no luck. So I will try to explain. (maybe I should do a video......lol). Anyway. First figure out the instuments that you want to rise. Then figure out how long you want the rise to last. Lets start with just one instrument..the lead. Shorten the pattern to the sound you want to repeat. Maybe start with repeating the shortened pattern on the 1 and 3 beat for 4 bars. Then on the next 4 bars place the pattern every beat, next place the patter every 1/4 beat. Then every 1/8 beat.....depending on how fast you want it to repeat. Now the hard part. Bring up your instrument vst, sampler. Click on the wrench icon and locate the pitch knob, usually at the top right of the center. Right click on the knob and select "create automation clip". Then at the bottom pattern list will be your automation clip. Personally i like to move the automation clip on top of or just below the instrument to rise. Now on the line in the center, right click to make an adjustment point. Then just to the right of that make another point. Bring the second point down to the bottom and move it to make a stair shape. Do the same thing on the other end but opposite. -'|/i- not exact but maybe you will get the idea. The lower part at the start of the riser and the high part at the end of the riser. Dont forget to bring the pitch back to the center or the rest of the lead will pitched up. If you need more help let me know. this process will have to be repeated for every instrument you want included in the rise.

I will correct my self. Instead of shortening the patterns in the play list. Create a new pattern using the method before of shortening time between the stabs. Then use the pitch automation to make it rise. Again you will have to do this for each instrument.

Back