ASK US ANYTHING! Mixing,Mastering,Production !!!

LAProDuctions, nice sound and technique!

Phase

I was wondering what your approach to phase alignment is and what tools you use for this? Do you phase align your tracks iteratively and do you do it in mastering also? Do you do it in conjunction with applying monitoring filters or simply by ear, or do you approach it entirely with metering?

Scope

In terms of the scope you are working on when managing the frequencies you have in the production, where do you do most of your work, how extreme is your approach - do you do most work on individual bands on individual speakers on individual sound sources or is most of the frequency management effort going into some broader scope e.g. stems or similar groupings?

Audio dimensionality

How far have you gone into the science of audio dimensionality, are you for instance always working on the parts to build the whole for instance on L, R, M, S individually as well as on mix?

Monitoring

Beyond your current monitoring setup which I'm sure is very good (because else you would not be able to dial in that sound you have dialed in), do you have any good techniques/filter settings etc. to help identify nasty/harsh transient peaks that would otherwise be beyond your awareness?

Modulation/Harmonization

Do you know of any good tools and techniques to enhance the modulation quality of a mix, to make the mix more alive and vibrant? (similar to being careful about compressor threshold levels)

I'm looking forward to your reply, it will be interesting to read about what your current ideas are.

Last edited:
Funny, i was thinking about bumping this thread myself. Months ago i discovered NocturnalZ from this thread, i honestly have played your songs hundreds of times, you're like my favorite EDM group now, i love the technical production with the vocal samples! i cant get enough of it. I'm still not sure if this is the group members answering this thread or its there sound engineer? Just wanted to say i ****ing love the music.

How do you do your stutter effects, like when it sounds like you gate the master track? Is that what you do? and do you create these mostly during the sequencing phase or the mixing phase?

What plugins do you use on those vocal samples!?!

Thanks.

Back