ASK ME ANYTHING (about music u dummy!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wallbangerz

Have you ever had a question you wanted to answer a music professional but never had the opportunity? I'd like to answer any questions that you might have be it production, mixing, mastering, Pro-tools, Nuendo, Reason, you name it. I have been working with digital music production since Pro-Tools was called Session-8 some 10 years ago. I've recorded on everything from 2-inch, to ADAT, to DA-88(98), to the Roland boxes to Cubase to Pro-tools, DP, you name it. I don't expect this to be "STUMP THE PRODUCER", but I'm pretty sure I can provide a decent answer to whatever any of you young cats need to know about the record biz from a PRODUCTION and ARTIST standpoint. I'm not an attorney so please refer any legal questions to the Legal Questions thread!! With that said, what are you having problems with?

OK

explain tempo Automation and Side Chain Compression In Nuendo 3.0..

thnx :D

Last edited by a moderator:
PERFECT! Now all the cats with thousands of questions about what a session is like, and who records what can finally get to have their questions answered.

DUDE IS LEGIT!

i been using reason for about 5 months now. I noticed that the quality of your tracks is better most reason users, could u post a throw away rns file with stock sounds?(just trying to get a feel on how u mix) I have 3.0. Im really not feeling reason sequencer also, so im sequencing through the mpcxl. What do u think about that?

mistaox said:
OK

explain tempo Automation and Side Chain Compression In Nuendo 3.0..

thnx :D
What exactly do you want to know about tempo automation? You can access the tempo page in Nuendo by hitting ctrl-T. All you have to do is click on the line and a red dot will appear. move the dot to the tempo you want at the bar you want the tempo to change and there you go. What plug in are you using that you need to sidechain it?

How could i go about networking and gettin my music in the right hands, cuz i feel confident that my stuff is up to standard.

Also, is there a big difference bewtween the motif and the motif es (dumb question)

and....

Do you think a website is important to have?

Wallbangerz said:

What exactly do you want to know about tempo automation? You can access the tempo page in Nuendo by hitting ctrl-T. All you have to do is click on the line and a red dot will appear. move the dot to the tempo you want at the bar you want the tempo to change and there you go. What plug in are you using that you need to sidechain it?

That was too easy...I guess after using nuendo for a while everything is easy...

As for Compression...I was just foolin..as long as ur Compressor Plug supprts it it is pretty easy...else you can try fooling with a surround channel.

Carry on

mr.moe said:
i been using reason for about 5 months now. I noticed that the quality of your tracks is better most reason users, could u post a throw away rns file with stock sounds?(just trying to get a feel on how u mix) I have 3.0. Im really not feeling reason sequencer also, so im sequencing through the mpcxl. What do u think about that?

This is probably the best tip I can give... NEVER USE REASON STOCK SOUNDS!! Something about them. They sound really thin and the never seem to punch. What u can do since you have an MPC, copy your library from your disks and convert them to wave files. You can use a software called Awave http://www.fmjsoft.com/. It converts the akai format to wave or Aiff no sweat.

Sequencing on the MP is cool except that you are losing some of the power in Reason. By using ReCycle to chop samples, you have far more control over the samples. In the next couple weeks, I'm going to post a tutorial on chopping samples in ReCycle!!! Best damn tool ever created in my opinion!!

mistaox said:

That was too easy...I guess after using nuendo for a while everything is easy...

As for Compression...I was just foolin..as long as ur Compressor Plug supprts it it is pretty easy...else you can try fooling with a surround channel.

Carry on

Ok, were you tryin to test me? Dawgs I'm not tryin to waste my time or yours. I'm just relaxin on a Sunday nite. Lets keep it in the real world ok?

ONLY SERIOUS QUESTIONS PLEASE!

Sequencing on the MP is cool except that you are losing some of the power in Reason. By using ReCycle to chop samples, you have far more control over the samples. In the next couple weeks, I'm going to post a tutorial on chopping samples in ReCycle!!! Best damn tool ever created in my opinion!!

I should have explained myself more. I still use recycle to chop and everything. i use a midi chan to every module then slave Reason so i can use the automation. I just think the mpc sequencer is way better. Ill post track really soon using this method. Btw i never use reason stock sounds. C-Loc taught me that when he introduced the program to me.

Wallbangerz said:

Ok, were you tryin to test me? Dawgs I'm not tryin to waste my time or yours. I'm just relaxin on a Sunday nite. Lets keep it in the real world ok?

ONLY SERIOUS QUESTIONS PLEASE!

ok, serious question..prolly easy as hell but I cant seem to figure it out..and the manual though 4 inches thick, doesnt talk much about this particular technique:

Is there a way for me to get that chopped and screwed effect in Nuendo without using an external editor or Pluggin...Not on the entire song or vocal, just on certain words...
I would just like to slow down one particular word in a phrase...

Ive tried using the Time Stretch option from the Process Menu while in the Sample Editor...but All I can seem to do is speed stuff up...tried alot of settings...no go..I know its possible..it has to be..

Last edited by a moderator:
Wallbangerz said:

This is probably the best tip I can give... NEVER USE REASON STOCK SOUNDS!! Something about them. They sound really thin and the never seem to punch.

What Refills do you use?

Wallbangerz said:
In the next couple weeks, I'm going to post a tutorial on chopping samples in ReCycle!!! Best damn tool ever created in my opinion!!

yo man, I'm really looking forward to that!

nugmusic said:

yo man, I'm really looking forward to that!

I can't wait either, Recycle is a beautiful program. I'm going to buckle down and learn it when winter break comes.

Hey Wallbangerz, goota say its a nice thing what your doing man. This is possibly the most helpful thing Ive seen on this forum since being here. Good going man.

:cheers:

Ill be waitin for that ReCycle Tutorial... I've tried to use that program time and time again to chop samples right, but I cant get it to flow right. Im just NOT a manual guy...Tutorials I can definitely work with.

lookin forward to that.

BIGMOZ said:
Ill be waitin for that ReCycle Tutorial... I've tried to use that program time and time again to chop samples right, but I cant get it to flow right. Im just NOT a manual guy...Tutorials I can definitely work with.

lookin forward to that.

MANNNN..tell me about it!..i dont touch manuals OR help files and thats my problem..i just do not at all know what im doing when it comes to recycle..but i know my know with acid so im not exactly sure if i really NEED to be using recycle . . .

BIGMOZ said:

lookin forward to that.

HAHAH!!! All of a sudden I feel like Bruce Almighty when he was trying to use his computer to answer prayers!! LOL!!! I promise I'll get to every question as soon a possible. Maybe later tonite... Backn in a few...

does nebody use Recycle with FL?Im currently usin soundforge to chop my samples but I figure if I got Recycle it would be easier to make more chops and save me a little time.Props 4 this 1.Lookin 4ward to the tutorial video on recycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back