Apogee ensemble and tube pre

DrewMilja

im still trying to figure the whole cables and connection mess.
I was considering getting the enseble and the UA LA610.
Would I go xlr to xlr into the UA (obviously) and xlr to trs into the analog inputs of the ensemble and use firewire cable to mac? which im confused about too does the ensemble firewire cable connect to the imacs firewire port? dont know much about the 400 800 fw cables and what not... thanks in advance

---------- Post added at 05:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

or would it be xlr from mic to xlr on pre then xlr to trs into the input by the xlr input on the ensemble?

Would I go xlr to xlr into the UA (obviously) and xlr to trs into the analog inputs of the ensemble and use firewire cable to mac?

Yep. Or XLR to XLR all the way to the Ensemble, doesn't really matter.

which im confused about too does the ensemble firewire cable connect to the imacs firewire port? dont know much about the 400 800 fw cables and what not... thanks in advance

Well, you can't plug it anywhere else :) FW800 is faster than 400, but the Ensemble is a FW400 device, so you don't gain anything from using the FW800 port.

I think you can just switch the inputs to line & bypass the preamps, regardless of the connection type used.

Back