Anyone have a midnam file for a Korg TR workstation?

AbsurdNY

Studio Freak
I have tried to modify the midnam file that is included with Pro tools for the Korg Tr rack but the patch names are in different places on the rack and workstation. Also, my Mac is down right now so I can't use Cherrypicker because they do not make a Windows version.

Yes I have looked there and I have searched all over the internet. I actually did find one file on the internet but the patch names were still in the wrong spots.

Last edited:
is it safe to say that the midnam files allow u to browse hardware synth patches from pro tools?

Yes that is exactly what it is for. Right now if I use the Korg TR rack or the TR workstation midnam file in Pro Tools, first of all the Korg has to be in program mode only and even when it is in program mode, if I switch the patch in Pro Tools, it is different on the TR. If I switch to the GM sound bank inside Pro Tools, the sounds match up in the TR because GM sounds are always the same but I want to be able to control the combi's and program's inside Pro Tools so I can use more then one MIDI channel on the TR

Last edited:
So no good huh no one has this file? I might be willing to pay someone with a Mac if they can use Cherrypicker and make the file for me. Would anyone be interested? Let me know and I will provide you with all the details.

Last edited:
Hi AbsurdNY, did you ever find the correct Midnam file for your Korg TR workstation?
Sorry for reviving this very old thread but I'm dealing with the same issue now, I can't select Combi banks in Protools, only Program banks...

Thanks!

Back