Alternate Audio Editor or VST (Not Slicex)

shoxwave

Hi im fairly new to this website/forum I have been getting into more sampling hip hop music. Does anybody out there know of any "external" audio editors wether it be a stand alone program or a VST. Im a die hard FL Studio & Ableton user I use both for different things, anyways I know about abletons warp features and FL's Edison, Slicex & Fruity Slicer. Im not looking for something to replace these things im just wondering if you folks know of anything else out there. Mainly looking for something I can chop up but more audio features would be nice too not just chopping.

why would audacity be too unprofessional?

it may look unprofessional but it gives professional results

here is the thing

audacity uses is own internal data format to manipulate audio

you choose what you save it to including wav, aiff, mp3 and many many other formats

the only reason that I can think of (given my more than 10 years of using audacity and 37 years of pro audio work experience) that you could possibly say that audacity provides poor audio is if your audio is poor to begin with: I have not ever had an issue with audacity as a recording medium or as an editing medium

I have a question out of all the ones soul ghost listed which would be the best for chopping samples and out of the apps listed can any of them be retriggered with a midi keyboard to audition sounds?

Back