akai mpk mini reason 5 guide and preset

skoolafish

it took me several hours of research and trial and error to set up my mpk mini with reason 5.

theres very little help on line for this and the quickstart guide is wack. someone named coldman did a preset but first of all his site is in spanish. secondly, his preset did not suit me. his knob settings didnt play nice with reasons mixer. i made my preset as similar as possible to my mpk49 preset for reason

so here is my preset:
hxxp://hotfile.com/dl/129953092/36efb73/Reason_Preset.html

the set up:
- the keys work as expected by default. the pads were out of order so i corrected that. bank 1 is 1-8, bank 2 is 9-16

- the pads...in "prog change" mode, from bottom left to top right: stop, play, record, switch device (down), toggle click on/off, toggle loop on/off, toggle q-record on/off, switch device (up)

- the pads...in "CC" mode, pads 1-7: mute/unmute channels 1-7 on the mixer

- the knobs, from bottom left to top right: controls faders 1-7 on the mixer. the 8th knob controls the master volume. if theres a way to assign the rest of the faders, i havent discovered it yet. they do various things on other devices but i personally only care to use them for the mixer...

any input welcome if anyone has more insight. for now im happy with this configuration

---------- Post added 09-16-2011 at 12:04 PM ---------- Previous post was 09-15-2011 at 11:26 PM ----------

an issue i just discovered:

if you have any button illuminated besides pad banks when you open the editor, the preset you have on the kb will not load and it will basically reset to default.

Last edited:
Back