Akai MPD32 ??!

Well, I have struck a 'raw nerve' with you, ity seems.
I just need to clear up one or two things here. You stated to me that 'I must not forget that the ball rolls both ways ' ...( referring to the racism point ). Er, but that was my very point to begin with - that racism can exist on all sides ( perhaps you should re-read the post ).
Hey, I wasn't asking you to digress into your background at all, but I appreciate that you enligthened me as to your experiences.
Yes, again, we are totally in agreement about many aspects of the certain histories, British being the past masters at inflicting imperilaistic sh.tte on the world in modern historical terms. However, human history is blighted with such behaviour from the dawn of mankind. When I was talking about the UK, I was doing so from a relatively modern perspective, but do not fool yourself for one moment that I do not have an understanding of certain aspects of it's more recent past histories. Anyways, enough said on this point.
You said : "Wouldn't the World be better served if I used that effort to do something that brought us together rather than split us apart? We need to focus on what makes us the same rather than what makes us different ". Well, again, maybe something got lost in from me translation, but this IS the very point I was getting at ... and I am truly very tired of listening to racial BS in life. You then went on to say : " I personally believe that our differences are part of what makes this world beautiful and interesting, but others see those differences and it frightens them, so until we can subside those fears, I believe nothing good comes from blame or making light of our differences ".
Uhmnn, Yes I agree and disagree with this to varying degrees ... To explain, difference is to be tolerated as long as it does not lead to injustice, de-personalisation or outright favouratism ( and this is where racial venom is developed and definately scores a destructive touchdown ). However, I entirely disagree that we cannot afford to make light of our differences. Whether or not you've realised it through all of your intellectual studies ( and you've bettered me here as I only secured an LLB Law ( Hons ) degree at 1:1, the main problem that is causing vast division is exactly that people to dont want to acknowledge commonality and seek to distinguish themselves as seperate groups with very short-shighted and highly inaccurate/often biased accounts of their own respective histories. What I argue for is better integration and acceptance, you seem to be saying that the only way this can be achieved is via rejecting integration/amalgamation. Afterall, how do ideas, beliefs and idealogies come about to begin with and become part of a cultural conduct, KCsherell ?

You then, rather rudely, went on to state : " A piece of advice that I would give you, do not assume to know what others have or are currently going through, and do not pretend to know what education others have or where they gained that education or knowledge".
WTF brought this rubbish out of you stumps me ? Listen, at 42 years of age and with a very broad experience in life that has helped shaped my very liberal and balanced views, the last thing I ever do my friend is that which you oddly raise above !!
" I also think that your post just makes people's defenses go up, and causes them to be on the defensive. If you want to have a debate or a substantive discussion on a subject like this, its best to do so with an open mind and without pointing fingers and assigning blame " Partial point accpted here, although, yet again, I wasn't so much playing 'Devil's Advocate', as oppossed to seeking to engage honest viewpoint on a very difficult matter.

Lastly, you state : "On a side note, I am 50% Irish and 50% Navajo Native American (My Father is an Immigrant (Legal ) from Northern Ireland and spent 2 years in London before coming to Arizona, where he met my Mother). So, I know a little about the Irish history and being a minority! " Well, KCsherell, I am glad that you know a little about irish history, but I do sincerely hope that my comments about Irish Subjugation for near on 800 yrs enlightened you just a little further about that part of your ancestry. Your racial mix means that we also have something else in common, but to end this, what has become, rather techy commentary, I will say no more than I am one of the most open minded people you will ever meet ... but that does not prohibit honestly percieved comment. Afterall, when we talk about histories, you talk about from a very black and white perspective and it's account are never truly known as far back as the chronology we are referring to.
So, listen up, I am done with going around a topic that we are largely in agreement with.
Peace back at ya .... ( and don't call me a Brit ... I am considered Irish in these parts more than anything else ).

well i bought the mpd 32 because i was curious and i have to say i was dissapointed. ive been a mpc user for awhile and have dabbled in software. thought this might be the breakthrough for me to upgrade to software but the pads are horrible, features arn't great and I just didnt really like it...

so to answer your question quan i would def. go with the mpk49.

or better yet go mpc's if you can afford it.

I really think it's a matter of preference. Once you start making beats things like pads can tend to fade away and you'll break in your new gear and enjoy it. That doesn't work for all but most. I have a question about the MPD32 besides 16 levels is there a way to make the "note variation" feel added to a bad or knob?? etc?? I searched and could not find.

Last edited:
so... the question is

WHO RECOMMENDS THE AKAI MPD32?

what is the better combo
mpd32 + keyrig45 or akai mpk49

I would say go with any keyboard you like and the MPD32, it takes MIDI in/out and drives over USB you could control another module, or the keyboard you might buy like a nice older roland and use it in conjunction.

Note Variation??

I really think it's a matter of preference. Once you start making beats things like pads can tend to fade away and you'll break in your new gear and enjoy it. That doesn't work for all but most. I have a question about the MPD32 besides 16 levels is there a way to make the "note variation" feel added to a bad or knob?? etc?? I searched and could not find.

Is note variation possible?

Back