akai mpd 24 pads

I just have a cheap soundblaster audigy se ( 30$ at wal-mart) I don't even have anywhere to plug in a midi cable( I don't think).I haven't actually checked.I read quite a few negative reviews about the mpd16 before I bought it,but I have been very happy with it.The way I looked at it was MPD16 vs. computer keyboard!! So obviously anything was better,but I have no complaints at all.MIDI gear is sometimes difficult to program with instruction books that are impossible to understand.The mpd16 is very simple to understand..I honestly cannot say enough good things about it.Maybe that is because I had somewhat low expectations judging from some of the reviews that I read,after getting it I wonder if the reviewers even had the MPD16.I can't imagine it being more responsive than it is already but I may try a midi cable.What is your opinion of the MPD16?

are u starting a new thread in here?

i used mine but kinda dont anymore cuz i gotta buy a new usb cord... its a okay controller but amazing for its price... very easy to understand... but my first two pads dont work... idk why tho

not a new thread continued from the last pages.Have the first 2 pads ever worked? if not I would check the MPD16 utility and see what notes they are set to.Depending on what program you are using I could send you my setup files.I setup one bank for drums (bank A) then Bank B for controlling the parameters I will be using most in recording.For the price you just can't beat it.I would want something with more control to play live (MPD24) but for my home studio on a budget it is perfect.Looks like they are going pretty cheap on Ebay too,I saw one go for 51.00 not long ago.

they use to and after like 3 months they stopped... the second pays what ever is dropped in the first and the first doesnt play anything

lets clear this akai/padkontrol thing up

ive got akai mpd 16, works great, i cut up my drum breaks in akai s3000 and tap out my own drums using mpd16. works great and suits throwing out creative drum breaks without using the same ol breaks. thing is, if you want to get more ****ed up sounds out of your drum playing pad (think squarepusher/aphex etc) kontrol is the way forward. good interface, good assignables, nice looking) everyone seems to have gotten this idea that the pads on padkontrol are the same as the pads o the micro kontrol? also ive seen that people wants more faders/assignable controls. there are 2 knobs & 2 controls on the x-y pad (they can be assigned to other controls not just the dummy roll & flams)

there is a demo of the padkontrol at www.gearwire.com. best to have a look and see what you think if you are unsure but i you want to take your finger drumming a bit further without having to do loads of pissin around get a pad kontrol, assign some quick parameters and make some clever ****.

luciasfloyd said:
lets clear this akai/padkontrol thing up

ive got akai mpd 16, works great, i cut up my drum breaks in akai s3000 and tap out my own drums using mpd16. works great and suits throwing out creative drum breaks without using the same ol breaks. thing is, if you want to get more ****ed up sounds out of your drum playing pad (think squarepusher/aphex etc) kontrol is the way forward. good interface, good assignables, nice looking) everyone seems to have gotten this idea that the pads on padkontrol are the same as the pads o the micro kontrol? also ive seen that people wants more faders/assignable controls. there are 2 knobs & 2 controls on the x-y pad (they can be assigned to other controls not just the dummy roll & flams)

there is a demo of the padkontrol at www.gearwire.com. best to have a look and see what you think if you are unsure but i you want to take your finger drumming a bit further without having to do loads of pissin around get a pad kontrol, assign some quick parameters and make some clever ****.

Amen and I don't say that with a biased opinion being an owner. People just want to knock the padKONTROL because Akai made the MPC so obviously the MPD24 must be a god send. I already own a MIDI controller with knobs, buttons & faders so having them integrated into the pad controller itself would only be a nice thing, not a necessity. I bet the second coming of padKONTROL is going to blow the competition away even more. I'm happy with the padKONTROL and I know many others who own it do too. That's all that matters. Use what you like but I'm happy where I'm at.

nope doesnt have the note repeat function thats y, y pay more for pads when u can use the mpd16

Click on Device manager and then MMC i think. I aint at home now so i can't tell you exacly how you can make it work. I wil tell you later on how it works. peace

there coming out ith a new padKontrol?

the padKontrol is an excellent peice of equipment

I have an MPD 24, and i never saw the instructions for the NOTE REPEAT effect in Reason 3.0. Could some one help me with that? Send it to me or post. It doesn't matter, I'm just trying to figure out how to do it.

i thought someone said earlier in the post they found a way to produce the effect? (Within Reason 3.0) Thats what i'm looking to find out.

every1 talks bout the note repeat function n how easy it is to accomplish. But no 1 explains it. Jesus, please help if u know the procedure

Back