Adjusting pitch in Kong samples without time-stretch

Illlogic

Hey all, so after finally finding my flow in Reason, I found that you can sample anything into a pad, chop only the part that you want to play on the pad, even make multiple copies of the sample to chop different parts onto the other pads! :victory:

Now I want to be able to pitch up a sample without it playing fast (like a lot of producers do these days) but find that when I do pitch it up, I seem to have to re-adjust the timing. As you can see in the pic, I adjusted the Pitch Bend and the Time knobs, but is this normal to have to do this? And plus, I believe it has a gradual "bending" effect, although not as noticeable when I turn up the Time knob. Is this how I'm going to have to do it using Kong?

Screen shot 2014-07-07 at 8.23.55 AM.png

My thing is, I don't want to have to use multiple programs (i.e. Recycle) if I can pull it off all in one place.

Thanks

Hey all, so after finally finding my flow in Reason, I found that you can sample anything into a pad, chop only the part that you want to play on the pad, even make multiple copies of the sample to chop different parts onto the other pads! :victory:

Now I want to be able to pitch up a sample without it playing fast (like a lot of producers do these days) but find that when I do pitch it up, I seem to have to re-adjust the timing. As you can see in the pic, I adjusted the Pitch Bend and the Time knobs, but is this normal to have to do this? And plus, I believe it has a gradual "bending" effect, although not as noticeable when I turn up the Time knob. Is this how I'm going to have to do it using Kong?

View attachment 42481

My thing is, I don't want to have to use multiple programs (i.e. Recycle) if I can pull it off all in one place.

Thanks

What version of Reason are you using? You can do a ton of shit in 7 that makes it a one stop shop. You can pitch Samples up and down if you record them or import them into an Audio Track. Highlight the sample and change the pitch without timestretching. You can then double-click on it and chop it like you would in ReCycle. Then, export it as a .Rex file and reload it into Kong.

Last edited:
Back