About Drum Loops

SORRI DENTE

Well lets share what we know about drum loops. For example:

-Is it possible to pitch/time strech a drum loop?
-How to EQ a drum loop
-Where to find(or buy) drum loops
-Pros/Cons using drum loops in your beats etc...

-Yes
-Depends entirely on the drum loop!
-All over the internet? Also this would depend entirely on what kind of drums loops you are looking for.
-I don't see any real cons about using loops, unless you just use them in their entirety and never venture outside of that to make anything original yourself. Loops can be a nifty tool, I specifically sample from loops if I use one at all.

you can do anything you want to a drum loop if you like how it sounds dente.you can buy/find from anywhere on the internet you could make them from scratch, sample songs of videogames and anime or jazz etc.

- Yes but it can sound kinda muddy if you do it to mutch
- Depens on gerne you want to make what kind of break. What is thenpurpose of the break
- most of the time in real or online vinyl shop
- If i use drumloops i try to layer them with other samples. It kinda kills the inspiration stuff if you use the loop in its original way

Last edited:
Well lets share what we know about drum loops. For example:

-Is it possible to pitch/time strech a drum loop?
-How to EQ a drum loop
-Where to find(or buy) drum loops
-Pros/Cons using drum loops in your beats etc...

- Yes;
- You EQ it to taste, to make it gel with other drum sounds and the rest of the instruments. I use break loops for my drum and bass songs, and normally highpass them, so they won't mess with my kick and sub;
- all over the internet. Musicradar normally comes up with some good free sample packs, from time to time;
- There are no cons, IMO.

Whenever I want to build drums around something I go right to drum loops. I have thousands and I just go through auditioning them in Ableton until I find one where the sounds work good with the sample. The rhythm is almost never right, but that doesn't matter. Then I immediately EQ that loop to fine tune it with what I have already. I actually do this a few times to find some loops that layer really well.

That will sound like shit, but then I pick out all the sounds and slice them to a drum rack. I end up with some nice layered kicks and snares, then shit like toms and hihats come from the individual loops and provide some more depth. Once a basic pattern is set up all I need to do is adjust the levels and panning. That's where you really get a sound you can't just get from relying on the loops as they are.

Back