Status
Not open for further replies.
Sqito said:
You mean like that one?

hyundai_concept.jpg

or that one?

Hyundai.jpg

no objection. :D
Maybe gol can make that the Official Fruity Racer. The top one is the same color as The Fruit, looks perfect to be the car for Fl Studio. We got manga, we should have a car next lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
i use reason fl studio and ableton. i use fl studio for making songs, ableton for djing and reason as a "plugin" on fl. they all have something to offer. ableton is a blast to use, of all daws ive used i have the most fun with ableton. but fl is more flexable, so if you just want to make beats i would recommend fl but if you just want to have fun i would use ableton.

I am on Ableton Live now as a new user, but I like FL Studio all the same. I just don't use it. It gets correctly slagged for some things (like all apps), but is treated unfairly in other respects more so than any application in the market.

I don't know, but it seems likely that if Image-line would just tightened up the workflow a bit between the playlist (enhance the direct audio recording a bit more), piano roll, step sequencer, and especially the mixer, it would be a great improvement. Everything seems so disconnected and scattered in the program. Though, they could very easily tighten all this up.

Also, if they just stuck with SliceX, Edison, FPC, Directwave (added 10 GB of content), Synthmaker, Sytrus, the effects, and then added Toxic, Poizone, Morphine, and Maximus, maybe even Deckadance House Edition...dump all that old, well, utter crap that has just clogged it up for a few years and makes it look cheap, and then went and sold all this for $499.00, then FL Studio would be considered, without a doubt, the greatest application in the world. No one would consider it a toy (which it isn't anyway)...

But, as it stands now, it is still a bit too cluttered, clunky, and everything feels separated from itself in a weird way. Hopefully, they will continue towards integration within itself more so and away completely from this "tack on" approach to adding features.

ive never thought of that before but know tat you mention it fl does seem a detached. i dont have a problem with the mixer i think its fine. but i do have a problem with audio recording, it a pain in the ass to dont it some times and jacks up you flow.

Trusty said:
I am on Ableton Live now as a new user, but I like FL Studio all the same. I just don't use it. It gets correctly slagged for some things (like all apps), but is treated unfairly in other respects more so than any application in the market.

I don't know, but it seems likely that if Image-line would just tightened up the workflow a bit between the playlist (enhance the direct audio recording a bit more), piano roll, step sequencer, and especially the mixer, it would be a great improvement. Everything seems so disconnected and scattered in the program. Though, they could very easily tighten all this up.

Also, if they just stuck with SliceX, Edison, FPC, Directwave (added 10 GB of content), Synthmaker, Sytrus, the effects, and then added Toxic, Poizone, Morphine, and Maximus, maybe even Deckadance House Edition...dump all that old, well, utter crap that has just clogged it up for a few years and makes it look cheap, and then went and sold all this for $499.00, then FL Studio would be considered, without a doubt, the greatest application in the world. No one would consider it a toy (which it isn't anyway)...

But, as it stands now, it is still a bit too cluttered, clunky, and everything feels separated from itself in a weird way. Hopefully, they will continue towards integration within itself more so and away completely from this "tack on" approach to adding features.

I have to agree with you. The first thing to get rid of is the Fruity
Dance. Plus better handing of midi controllers would be nice.
Being able to use the mod wheel by default like any other DAW
Have quantize like they do it the other DAWs (Not this 1/2 step or 1/2 beat crap)

FL is certainly all over the place these days. Some of it's features are excellent, unique, and not found anywhere else. But there does seem to be a disconnect between the different aspects of the program.

I say... let's learn Ableton Live if we don't already... and insert FL Studio as a VST plugin... into Ableton... then you all get the best of both worlds. (As far as this debate goes, anyway... ) then we can all learn from one another AND make some killer music... and move on to bigger and better things. (Aside from debating something that can NEVER be settled.)

Guys, these types of threads are only good for realizing how stupid these daw battles are. Use what you like, and don't bash other daws.

Both of them are good enough to make heat, but are YOU?

ableton is easily the most inuitive audio software, but it has got a little too big for its boots these days by trying to be too ambitious. this is why ableton 8 is seriously buggy, despite being out for a year, and updates being released every other week.

it is a very good thing that they have admitted this and are supposedly focusing just on getting the software stable.

Watz with the crazzy posts on fp yoday u people here av me in stitches!

yet anover post thats made me laff

its like sayin whud win in a fight between a flea and mike tyson, if you've used both you'll know Ableton is clearly better,

infact fl studio just makes me laff, i really dont know why it even exists? or why people on PRODUCER forums even talk about it? yea u can use it to make music but theres many many other products that do what it does better,

i could use an elastic band tied to a tree as a guitar but why do that when there are these things called real guitars??? but yet u will alwayz get wierdos whu will do the elstic band on tree thing.

DIFFERENCE IS THEY TEND NOT TO TALK ABOUT THOSE TWISTED KINDA PEOPLE IN GUITAR FORUMZ, WERE AZ THE SCUM KNOW AS FL USSERS ARE ALL OVER OUR FORUMZ,

WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO?

Again, these are two different programs. Two different styles of production here. I've used both and have two different uses. One for live performing (abelton LIVE duh) and the other for quick, in house beat making.

Neither are my main DAW.

infact fl studio just makes me laff, i really dont know why it even exists? or why people on PRODUCER forums even talk about it? yea u can use it to make music but theres many many other products that do what it does better,

I don't personally use FL (I prefer Sonar and Reaper), but you're an idiot. FL is a perfectly good DAW and has some pretty nice features, many of which are not existent in other supposedly 'professional' DAWs (Cubase, for example).

With regard to Ableton, again I do personally prefer it to FL, but that is just because of my personal work-flow and is just my preference, it's not 'better'.

There is no such thing as any one program being better than the other...it is all in personal preference

I'm a FL user. I think its great, its intuitively simple and advanced at the same time - FPC and Edison kick butt, as do the pattern and song editors.

But I have seen the great things that can be done in Live: Warp is fantastic as is the session mode!

I've been desperately trying to get my head around making some good stuff on Ableton... but my mind is still ingrained in the more rigid way of classic sequencer production (and if you're used to working with Hardware then FL will be more intuitive).

My point though is I am not going to give up on Ableton as I know it can do some really great stuff which I want to be able to do! Untill then I will stick with FL cause it works for me (and always will)!

In a few minutes, people are going to knock you out.

ALOT (TOO MANY) people on this site use frutiy loops, be careful when you hate on it or say something is better.

I have FL but i dont like it. i think it takes more than 1 computer program to be a producer...

But I hear what your saying...
Not If you know what you're doing !:bigeyes:

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

when i bought my axiom there was a bundled version of abelton live 6 or something, still havent popped in that disc
AND ? Your point Is ?
:confused:

I have some friends who swear by Ableton Live. When I first saw it I was a bit turned off by the cartoonish look it has to it, but you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover. I know DJ's who use it for making remixes, as well as using it for perfomances.

Fruity Loops, from what I've heard is a very good program that can do everything the other ones can do.

fixed that for you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back