A New DAW is born: PreSonus Studio One

Software seems to run better when written by the same company that also makes hardware. Can someone say Digidesign part 2.

I'll bet anybody anything... that it can't even come close to LIVE 8...

LIVE 8 > Food

I don't think they are trying to even begin to compete with Live. This seems very Logic/Pro Tools type market. I'm kinda interested. A good no nonsense recording focused daw, something for hardware users to track out into without Pro Tools BS. If the price is right, this could very well end up on my want list. I like what I see.

Looks nice but I think it would be extremely hard for it to take off with long time producers. Personally I would rather stick with something proven than spend money on anything new.

Looks nice but I think it would be extremely hard for it to take off with long time producers. Personally I would rather stick with something proven than spend money on anything new.

That's true, but as soon as people start using it and recommending it, I think it'll take off. People will get the demo's and probably buy it over Cubase 5 (which costs like $500) and all the other DAW updates. It just depends on how good it is (obviously).

I know a few people who are beta testers so far all their feed back has been good. It works right away plugin support works like a dream connecting and channeling midi is as easy as plugin it in!! The developers said it should be out by august with a demo around the time it drops. Works on both windows and macs supports 32-64 bits. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Back