"5 beats a day for 3 summers" Really? Kanye?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Many Records In My Basement, I'm Just Waitin On My Spaceship.

Ganjafeet said:
That line could have, just been a line used to make himself larger than life on record. But lets just say he was being real.

“Seeing as how kanye is a sample head, it wouldn't really take as much time as a composed beat would”

That really doesn’t matter, you know damn well, some people smack together sounds in 5 minutes and call it a day, sample based or not.

The thing about digging is, some people do it every day, some once a week, or even once a month. When some people dig, they buy one or two records, some buy five to ten, others buy the whole store out. Some people just go to their spot and cop any record(s) and some spend their whole day in their spot, looking for the right record.

he could have made the five beats a day, that doesn’t mean they where good, used, or the final version .

I think it was more like that. Yeah

Damn dude calculated a whole fvckin formula. Its possible but remember people rap is about story-telling, so I can believe he was embelishing a little.

he digs in the winter, spring and fall....here's a typical day

8:00 - wake up
8:05 - brush teeth, wash face, etc.
8:15 - make a beat
10:00 - eat a couple bowls of cereal while working on beat 2
12:00 - order a pizza and make beat 3
12:45 - take a break from beats and eat pizza
2:00 - get to work on beat 4
4:15 - finish beat 4
4:20 - do w/e goof off for few hours maybe go diggin/smoke some weed
7:30 - make beat 5
9:15 - call up the homies see whats crackin
9:30 - Sunday night so nothing's goin on
9:35 - play through some records for what to work on the next day
12:00 - shower/shave
12:30 - sleep

if you're commited its not too hard

Last edited:
trillz said:
ok maybe if we were talking about the "late registration cd" but currently, I find him actually digressing in his new hip hop endeavors. I'm not trying to take away his shine but in my opinion its fading.

and your opinion is irrelevant cause 1million plus people by his albums when they drop, even 808s and heart break

Slum village said that j-dilla had made beats for 3 days str8 he was just eating a bunch of junk food and redbull for those days .man thats crazy so It is possible 2 do kanye live for tha beats and so did dilla and look at tha level they went 2 doing that .I need 2 grind a lil hard If I want to get 2 that level **** I guest we all do ..1

on that mtv driven kanye episode his friends did say that before he got on he would "lock himself in a room" makin beats... rarely came out except to maybe shower, but his hair was lookin a mess, had the whole beard and ****.

then they showed old pics of him and well he looked like a homeless dude would lol so im not suprised if he did just make beats all day. might not been EXACTLY 5/day 3 summers but...

I think Kanye's Work Ethic/Drive goes back to the whole "Big Wallet/Small Penis" Mantra.

My homie Daniel Machado attended Chicago State University, and apparently Kanye's was LEGENDARY for being corny/swagless.

Girls would turn him down left and right, and it was rumoured he was actually a virgin. (I wouldn't doubt it)

Kanye realized he would have to go to extreme measures to have a fulfilling love life. (5 beats a day for three summers)

Don't y'all remember what Tony said in Scarface?
First you get the Money...
Then you get the Power...
THEN you get the Woman!

Puppet said:
Do you have any idea how hard this is to do.

Seeing as how kanye is a sample head, it wouldn't really take as much time as a composed beat would. So on average, a sampling producer would probably take about 2 hours to completely finish a beat.

But he needs to go crate digging as well. Plus eat lunch and dinner and breakfast.

24 hours a day, lets put aside 8 hours for sleeping. He now has 16 hours of available time to put towards his 5 beats a day. But lunch dinner and breakfast plus sh!tting, pissing and showering should take about 3 hours away.

so that's 13 hours.

Crate digging must take idunno... maybe an hour?

so if he does 5 beats a day, that's 5 crate digs he has to make. Subtract another 5 hours and he has 8 left.

2 hours per beat, equals 10 hours. He is 2 hours short.

If kanye is telling the truth, where do you think he allocates his 2 hours in order to make this work?

Im guessing he only sleeps for 5 hours.

as we all know...Kanye is extra'd out. He'll say some **** like that and there's a 99.998% chance he's bull****ting you. or he just made a lotta boo-boo ass beats back then.

Cory P. said:
I think Kanye's Work Ethic/Drive goes back to the whole "Big Wallet/Small Penis" Mantra.

My homie Daniel Machado attended Chicago State University, and apparently Kanye's was LEGENDARY for being corny/swagless.

Girls would turn him down left and right, and it was rumoured he was actually a virgin. (I wouldn't doubt it)

Kanye realized he would have to go to extreme measures to have a fulfilling love life. (5 beats a day for three summers)

Don't y'all remember what Tony said in Scarface?
First you get the Money...
Then you get the Power...
THEN you get the Woman!

Or as Jo Cooper would say:

"We gotta get jobs. Then we get the khakis. Then we get the chicks."

The whole I crank out these many beats a day **** has never impressed me. Even threads askin how many beats do you make seem so childish. I prefer quality over quantity. That's another one of the reasons niggas sound so run of the mill or garbage; they aren't takin enough time to come up with new ****. I'd personally feel stupid if i was just crankin out like 20 beats a week and another cat puts out one that's crushin my ****. There are times when you're just in the zone though and they come at you from all over the place and most if not all are raw but with me that whole, "I make x amount of beats..." **** get ignored instantly.

Honestly i believe it's very possible to make 5 beats a day, Hell I believe the human mind can accomplish anything as long as theres a desire to do so. Now whether or not they were fully mixed or not I don't know, but if you in a creative zone and got nonthin better to do it can be done

Kanye is lying.

No way any one could be dedicated to their craft...no ****ing way.

Kanye was born with his production talent you know, it sucks because since most of you weren't. You will never be good. Practice does nothing!

Laziness is actually what gets people placements. Labels go out searching for artists and producers who arent very active, so they can get thier hands on the artist's 3 track demo recorded over a 4 year period.

as20gp said:
lol at this thread

I gave him the benefit of the doubt, and took this thread seriously. But when I got to the part about calculating how much sh!tting and pissing takes him per day, I gave up.

Puppet said:
I think kanye is a lying piece of sh!t. Or maybe he really had no social life at all at that time.

Imagine, that's like waking up, having breakfast, making a beat, have lunch, make another beat, take a ****, make another beat, have dinner, make another beat, shower, make another beat.

honestly what the ****

Kanye himself said all he did was make beats. Then, he dropped out, and made MORE beats.

Last edited:
MadTiger3000 said:
I gave him the benefit of the doubt, and took this thread seriously. But when I got to the part about calculating how much sh!tting and pissing takes him per day, I gave up.

lol agree on that, wtf man?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back