49 or 61?

I prefer 61 myself. 49 works and you can do a lot with 49 or even 25 if you have the patience for octave switching but I don't think I want to go 49 or 25 ever again.

I have a 49 key. Wish I had a 61 key version of my board, but I didn't have the money or space.

I get everything done on my 49 key. It just gets annoying when having to change an octave to play a piano part from low to high (but you get used to hitting the octave button mid performance). The only other real annoyance is it's difficult to use keyswitches for sample libraries like Mojo Horns and Garritan and other Kontakt stuff that use them a lot.

So ultimately, I wish I had a 61 (and a separate 88 key for full piano feel and no restrictions at all), I get work done on my 49, and I couldn't imagine going lower than 49. If I were on an airplane, I would either grab a 37 key, or just a pad controller. I hated my 25 key... got rid of it.

I have a 49key midi (traveling purposes mainly). I'm use 2 it and can deal with it. 61 key would be more preferred but I can do 49keys.

Okay seems like 61 is better, im not going to bring it with me alot so i think its ok, even if i do 1 or 2 times wont hurt haha

61 for sure. more keys, dont hav to switch between octaves as much which makes it a whole lot easier. 88 is even better though :D

NickM18's right, you shouldn't go lower than 61. I have an Axiom61 mkII but more often than not I wish I have at least a 76 key board. It also greatly depends on what do you want to use the keyboard for.

Back