Every Hip Hop producer should have this or something like it

AD is a vst won't work directly in Reason but there are several multisampled drum libraries for Reason included in various refills like Reason Drum Kits, Disco School, Soul School and the 3 Alt Drums libraries. I haven't used Alt drumsbut RDK and Disco School are great even Soul School is good but none of them are as flexible for this kind of thing as AD imo.
Hey man, tell me, do you change the sounds from AD to make them more hip hop? Cause they are really rock type of drums. What thing do you do? eq? pitch? compressor?

Just got an email yesterday that said the NO BRAINER deals are coming back.

If I see anything that's a steal, I'll post it on here.

Just got an email yesterday that said the NO BRAINER deals are coming back.

If I see anything that's a steal, I'll post it on here.
I got that same email I was hoping to find more information

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

Last I time i checked everybody has it at a bill. Expansions is where they really get u.

expansions is the business now. You have to catch people on the reup. I think the future of music production is selling expansions for your stuff directly from your website or big sites like Big Fish and controlling all of the money. If you notice its rare to find an update to any software at guitar center. I think that's the reason behind it. The company can sell updates and expansions and it helps reduce lost sales.

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 AM ----------

Hey man, tell me, do you change the sounds from AD to make them more hip hop? Cause they are really rock type of drums. What thing do you do? eq? pitch? compressor?

drums are drums there is no genre attached to them unless you attach a genre to them. But yes I do eq and compress them but they sound like real drums most drums in hip hop songs especially now a days have been layered generationed and regurgitated so many times that they do not sound real anymore. These are just raw real drums.

^^^^^idk. I messed with it a long time ago. Might load up the demo and mess with it again.

I wouldn't pay funkin much mind. He makes an effort to disprove anything I say or do. He pulled similar shit in a thread like this at gearslutz. He owns Reason and should be fully aware of what it is or isn't. He just wants an excuse to make the subject about his disagreements with me.

drums are drums there is no genre attached to them unless you attach a genre to them. But yes I do eq and compress them but they sound like real drums most drums in hip hop songs especially now a days have been layered generationed and regurgitated so many times that they do not sound real anymore. These are just raw real drums.

Thanks man, I just have one more question. How do you handle the fact that you can't use AD in Reason? How does your workflow looks like right now? Cause Im struggling with connecting the possibilities from Reason and Ableton ( I use AD in Ableton ) How does it works for you? Are you rewiring Reason in other DAW? Or making drum patterns in other DAW and send it to Reason as a wave?

NO!!! i just question what you say... period...

with your responses... you disprove yourself!!!!

you do not remember... what you have posted in the past... i just bring it to your attention... that is not disproving anything... trying to get an understanding of your point of view... it changes depending on the wind/subject matter... like a fart in a wind storm!!!

i just remember you as a "Reason Fanboi"... and have stated on plenty occasion here on this forum... Reason can do anything that a DAW/vsti can...

but it seems like now... "all producers should have AD (which is a vsti) or something like it"...

my question is... what has changed?

computer power? maybe?

i forgot to add...

i know you are the moderator here... but is it alright for me to have the same opinion about you and state it here on this forum?

Then you missed the point of something like this entirely. AD, SSD, BFD, RDK real drums ect. You missed something like this and me using AD as an example to try and disprove what I say. I could have made this same topic about Disco School. Its about multisampled drums some people get it and as I can see here you do not. As far as computer power goes here are the requirements for AD my last 2 computers would have run it just fine XLN Audio that sempron system I have ran a little better then my pentium 4 desktop. Not sure what you are trying to prove but its funny how someone who says they don't make hip hop has so much to say about what hip hop producers should or shouldn't use and miss the point entirely.

Still Funkin'...

Take the first two letters of the first part of your name...

Take the first two letters of the second part of your name...

Put them together, type them .... hidden message there.

j/k

Hey man, big thanks with that, it helped me! But I have a stupid question, how do I save my loop in Ableton? I did a track, turn on the Addictive Drums, recorded a loop, and how can I export it right now as a wave?

Ok, update - I think I found it, it's just in the right top corner, file -> export audio, right? If it's it, I have other problem. I sent the audio loop from Ableton and put it into the Reason NNXT sampler.. and it just sounded not that good as in Ableton.. it wasn't that loud and quality wasn't the same as well.. any tips or advices?

Its definetly something you are doing or are not doing. It always comes down to EQ and processing in my experience. If the drums are too low after you export them, make sure the levels are right in Ableton before you render. Also, try EQn in Ableton and/or Reason. Id put the NNXT in a Combi with a Compressor, and EQ and just tweak from there personally. But experiement and find a formula that works for you. This is how you begin to create your sound. If it doesnt sound right to you, you just tweak and experiment until it does. It always works, but its never and shouldnt be quick (at first) Experience is the best teacher.

Propellerhead's Reason Drums 2.0 rivals this. It has some great kits in there, and with Kong, you can build your own 16 pad kits from the samples.

well I haven't brought a new desktop in 8 year I did upgrade the motherboard when it fired 5 years ago but I'm about to buy a super computer (not store Brought) spending $1,200 on just the tower components and buying two (2) 24" HDTV for my studio,some new monitors and Komplete 8/IK plug-in bundles and writing them off as expense for my business using my tax refund I get back Feb. 2013 I have a plan and I'm sticking to it

I wrote this because if you run your production company as a real business then you get some crazy tax credits/breaks,just get a great CPA you won't paid much maybe $200 to get back thousands of dollars.

HOLY LAMB MEDIA & ENTERTAINMENT | HOLY LAMB MEDIA & ENTERTAINMENT | INTERVIEWS
One free hour of training/consulting click on the banner in the sig.
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve

I wrote this because if you run your production company as a real business then you get some crazy tax credits/breaks,just get a great CPA you won't paid much maybe $200 to get back thousands of dollars.

He is right, thats real business right there. Start that LLC up and pass your income through it. Save your receipts and get SAM out your pocket and you A*S*S!

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

Just downloaded the Demo to this AD and I like it. But its certainly a luxury item for the studio IMO. There are more essential items to get before this. I have Komplete 7 and Reason 5, and Studio One, which has some good sounds as well. Ill have to pass on this and use that $150 toward something else, like a good Bass guitar or a better Production desk. But its on the list.

Back