midi cc uses???

Dennis1990

I know midi cc 1 modulation wheel modulates a wave sounding type to a wave

But im curious what do these do?
midi cc 0 Ban select
midi cc 2 Breathe Controller
ETC.

Is there any other midi cc's that can change a sound besides midi cc 1???

Thanks man.
I just read the link you put on the midi cc uses

But for the midi cc 2 breath controller

Often times associated with aftertouch messages. It was originally intended for use with a breath MIDI controller in which blowing harder produced higher MIDI control values. It can be used for modulation as well.

What does it mean when they say "aftertouch messages" and " blowing harder produced higher MIDI control values"

A lot of terms they use are what give me trouble... :/

aftertouch is a technique for providing additional modulation to a synth sound

it can be mapped to any source including filter cutoff and lfo speed/depth

a breath controller acted by converting air speed to a midi value between 0 and 127

aftertouch is a technique for providing additional modulation to a synth sound

it can be mapped to any source including filter cutoff and lfo speed/depth

a breath controller acted by converting air speed to a midi value between 0 and 127

That breath controller sounds perfect for realistic brass and woodwind sounds.

How would I set it up to work???

Do I just link the midi cc 2 breath controller to the vst???

Some MIDI keyboards feature aftertouch which is basically an additional switch at the very end of the keystroke which requires slightly more pressure to activate than a regular key press...and as BC pointed out it can be used for all kinds of things, for example you can set up an entirely different sample to be triggered by aftertouch so when you apply more pressure to the key you are playing you get a different sound.

most implemented aftertouch as a hydrostatic switch - the harder you pressed the larger the value it generated

most implemented aftertouch as a hydrostatic switch - the harder you pressed the larger the value it generated

I've heard the aftertouch on youtube it sounds like a slow attack?

How do I apply the aftertouch???

And I know my midikeyboard has a sensitive touch to it when I play but how do I translate that velocity in FL?

For the BC you say play between 0 and 127 but in FL the velocity is shown by percentage? How do I translate the percentage?

I think you've somewhat misunderstood these - the CC's regularly assigned to breath control & aftertouch aren't any more "special" than any other CC - they're just usually pre-assigned to these things for the sake of standardization, and they can be assigned to control any parameter you want. Also, aftertouch (nor breath control) doesn't sound like anything, it's just a method of control (as described by bandcoach). If you assign CC#2 to a slider or knob, it'll do the same thing that using aftertouch on a keyboard would - control a value assigned to something.

Thanks man.
I just read the link you put on the midi cc uses

But for the midi cc 2 breath controller

Often times associated with aftertouch messages. It was originally intended for use with a breath MIDI controller in which blowing harder produced higher MIDI control values. It can be used for modulation as well.

What does it mean when they say "aftertouch messages" and " blowing harder produced higher MIDI control values"

A lot of terms they use are what give me trouble... :/

Check this thread.

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...tering/new-usb-midi-breath-controller-443683/

The one I have is the USB MIDI Breath Controller

There are also some impressive videos showing breath controllers in action:

Back