sample i played with f4f

Hmm, where to start, the drums are quite "stock" sounding to me, try to eq and layer them to give them a richer and fuller sound. The sample itself is actually quite nice, but sounds "besides" the drums, if you know what i mean, the mixing needs to be better before the track can come together. Overall these are the main things I would work with before looking into other issues :)

F4F: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...ack/dj-shadow-type-hip-hop-beat-f4f-474709/2/

The sequencing of the drums is kind of meh as well. Try putting the kicks where your crashes are to start and then you can add another here or there to keep it fresh. You don't have to get fancy but don't skip entire bars like you did. Add a closed hat and maybe an open hat before your snares and I think you'll be in much better shape :)

edit: And this is a great place to learn. I've improved tremendously just in the past few months by getting feedback here. Just remember that a lot of what people will tell you will help you, but a lot of it also is personal preference. Different people have different ears and tastes. So at the end of the day, do what sounds good to you.

dark-trap-beat-waka-flocka-fat-trel-type-mixtape-banger-one-eye-open-f4f-

Last edited:
Great sample find man that's often the best place to start. Drums could use a bit of tweaking, and try chopping and playing small segments of the sample under the drums, bigger pieces than what you're already using. You can learn a lot from here but its best to study your influence and pick apart what they do and try to incorporate it into what you do. I'm a beginner myself and I learned a lot from watching beatmaking videos on youtube do a search for BOON DOC that's a great start imo, and just keep studying your inspirations while finding your own sound. Everybody on here has different taste musically so you're the best judge of your craft if you're not feeling it while you're making it, it wont be the best it can be. Keep learning man

Feedback?

I can tell you're fairly new at this, but hell I've been there so I know what you're going through right now! The drums sound very FL Studio, from the Hip Hop kit if I'm not mistaken (this is what I used when I first started anyways!). I actually like the sample a lot, the synth you have coming in is a nice touch too. The tom drums are on point as well. I like the ideas you have going on. The best advice I can give you is keep at it, you will get better if you keep doing this daily. I would revisit this beat definitely though as it has potential. What you have right now with the sample could definitely work for a hook, try adding some other elements on the verse and you might have something.Hit me back if you can: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...dback/meth-red-how-high-scottie-remix-474595/

I know where that sample is from but I won't blow up your spot ;)

Drums tbh are low quality and don't really match with the sample. Seeing how drums are the foundation for hip-hop I'd start there. Especially the kick.

Like dude above me said, I'd go and chop up some more phrases from the song. There are some good vocal bits in there too, this artist is a good singer. I'd get some vocal stab and turn up the pitch to like Just Blaze-style beat.

As far as bass, you use low end theory (clone the track, low pass, eq, and compress) or just layer the kick with an 808. The bass comes in a few seconds after the part you sampled actually.

Not trying to be dick/mean, I think this a good start just needs more work. keep at it and re-upload it if you do it again. Peace. Feed me

def appreciate that feedback ..and i agree as far as personal pref, but help is always appreciated ..im gonna use the suggestions andplay around with it ..

appreciate that advice, yea youtube has been good on that just learning the minor details of stuff and incorporating .but this is what i wanna do so putting in the work is worth it ..good look man

whoa diggin that royal track...appreciate that feedback man and yea you right abt fl studio lol but im new so i gotta start somewhere but thats y im here to hear and be heard appreciate that advice

lol i appreciate that feedback man im def gonna work on it..constructive criticism is all good im just trying to learn all i can

Back