Poseidon - Timbaland Style Beat (F4F)

compression, that has been mention already...but the track itself is dope, keep me into it with my head nodding...haha, i think ur samples at 19 and throughout dont really sound that great, i understand the concept behind it, but i think u could have found something better, or maybe played something simple...ur chorus and bridge arrangements are nice man...love the stereo effect u gave...keep at it, would appreciate it if u check out my track

https://soundcloud.com/yjvasco/wheres-my-pen

Thanks for the feedback, yjvasco! what do you mean by "samples at 19"? the bridge/breakdown? I'm checking out your track right now fam

Love the drums and the arrangement of the track. Switches up pretty nice. Did you layer your drums or what?

Please do check me out at and leave me feedback:

https://soundcloud.com/stadiem-status

Thanks for the feedback, stadiemstatus, and yes I layered my drums: 2 kicks, multiple snares, multiple hi hats - just tried to create a full atmosphere from drums alone and then let the sounds of the other instruments come to me from there.

There is a ton of width on this beat. I feel like you could have spent more time on really bringing out the dynamics of the synth as they progressed. Growth is an essential part of the music and some of your synths stayed stagnant. They can grow either through a melody, or through the tonality of the synth. The groove is solid though! I would definitely put some play on the kick drum and snare combo. Ghost notes and fills could really make the beat pop!

Leave some love -
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...-feedback/f4f-were-forever-trap-remix-479802/

Appreciate the feedback, Delwicious! I absolutely agree with you on the synth development idea - I usually do that on all of my songs, but wanted to try something different: create depth through drums and let the an emcee shine on a beat as opposed to having tons of movement in the melodies. That's also why I decided to put in a bridge with a completely different feel to the track so that there was still that bit of unexpectedness.

Thanks for all of the feedback, fellas. I've gone ahead and made some changes to the mix of the drums, adjusted levels and added another synth line for the 2nd verse. I'm not really sure how to use compression and it didn't seem like Fruity Compressor was doing much of anything except lowering the volume of the overall song.

it's a pretty cool beat. it's just took a while for me to get the groove and figure out what the melody was. only thing i can really complain about is the actual sounds used. the drums hit hard but im not a fan of the arp in the chorus. i think a nice sine bass would fit well.

Thanks for the feedback. Love that stereo image u using. Sounds good and I like the synth sounds and melody from the beginning of the beat. Snare sounds little bit sharp to me so I would bring mid sounds more or kill the high frequency lil bit. I can definitely see that someone's gonna take this beat. Great work!

Daym so a lot of people are feelin the use of the sounds I chose for the melody, but a lot of people aren't? I'll take this all into consideration when I go back in to work on the levels and mixing, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to stick with the melodies and instruments I've used if not maybe add me playing some jazz guitar.

For those that aren't feeling the instruments and sounds chosen let me preface this by saying if you're expecting that typical trap Lex Luger/DJ Mustard music from me, then you might as well turn right back around and go listen to some rap radio station or 90% of the posters on this site - that ain't me. I was raised on Wu Tang, Tribe Called Quest, Outkast, KRS-One, 2Pac and Biggie, Michael Jackson. If you weren't raised on those cats, but are big fans of Young Thug, Lil Wayne, Nicki Minaj, Souljah Boy, and Gucci Mane music then that's cool - but we're never going to be completely on the same page and, again, that's cool we have 2 polar opposite definitions of what music is. But, what sounds (and please respond with real musical instruments besides just "synth") would you have chosen if you were to remix this joint? I'd like to get some perspective.

Great work with the percussion my friend! Honestly the percussion tells the whole story in this beat - I feel like it's so dynamic and exciting and kind of overshadows the other parts of the track. You've got some good ideas going on behind the percussion but they feel like an afterthought.

I would love to hear this percussion beat written to as a R&B kind of Justin Timberlake style song with some great little piano, guitar, bass, and other elements to really fill it out. Right now the beat surrounding the percussion feels a bit thin without enough bass and without enough substance, which is too bad because the percussion bangs! And in this style the percussion is most important anyways, so keep refining this, you are really talented!

Overall great work – keep it up my friend!

I recently made a remix of Chromeo’s “Jealous (I Ain’t With It)” for a competition – I would very much appreciate your feedback on it, and if enjoy it I ask you to please click “vote.” It can be heard at this link:

https://www.indabamusic.com/opportu...missions/c0371f18-f18b-11e3-ad95-22000b2410cc

One small vote could help me achieve my dreams – but only if you feel it is deserving!

Cheers!

Great work with the percussion my friend! Honestly the percussion tells the whole story in this beat - I feel like it's so dynamic and exciting and kind of overshadows the other parts of the track. You've got some good ideas going on behind the percussion but they feel like an afterthought.

I would love to hear this percussion beat written to as a R&B kind of Justin Timberlake style song with some great little piano, guitar, bass, and other elements to really fill it out. Right now the beat surrounding the percussion feels a bit thin without enough bass and without enough substance, which is too bad because the percussion bangs! And in this style the percussion is most important anyways, so keep refining this, you are really talented!

Overall great work – keep it up my friend!

I recently made a remix of Chromeo’s “Jealous (I Ain’t With It)” for a competition – I would very much appreciate your feedback on it, and if enjoy it I ask you to please click “vote.” It can be heard at this link:

https://www.indabamusic.com/opportu...missions/c0371f18-f18b-11e3-ad95-22000b2410cc

One small vote could help me achieve my dreams – but only if you feel it is deserving!

Cheers!

Now THAT'S the type of criticism I'm talking about, hcgaron! You've actually made some great points that, after listening to the track a few more times, I actually really agree. This song could actually use some piano, a better bass choice and maybe some acoustic guitar to just thicken it up a bit. I wanted the drums and percussion to be the main element and not have the music interfere, but be more of a compliment. But, it seems it's like steak with no seasoning is what people are getting at. Thank you for clarifying what other people were probably unable to articulate as well.

This beat tells a story broo that's hard to do when your a producer. Good job! The percussion elements carry this beat from start to finish I dig that the only thing I would've done differently is give the percussion a rest and let those pads take us away for a bit but it depends on who you got rapping on the joint. Keep it up tho good work !!

Check out my latest track below check the last page for the updated track

This beat tells a story broo that's hard to do when your a producer. Good job! The percussion elements carry this beat from start to finish I dig that the only thing I would've done differently is give the percussion a rest and let those pads take us away for a bit but it depends on who you got rapping on the joint. Keep it up tho good work !!

Check out my latest track below check the last page for the updated track

Thanks for the feedback, twinnaz. I went ahead and commented on your post and added you on SoundCloud - quality work fam

Returning feed. You definitely have a unique sound. I'm diggin the percussion and the sound selection for the most part. Those patterns remind me a little of Timbaland's drums as well. I'd be interested to hear an artist on this. I'm diggin the mix, those drums hit hard. If you wanna keep the feed train going, check out my other thread: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...ission-all-feed-returned-480196/#post49811417

Thanks for the feedback, Kal X, and I'm def feelin your track...good luck on your battle!

Back