i am tired of ya'll niggaz...all your beats sound the same....so back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, I am sure that Dr dre who probably doesn't even know what the notes on the keyboard are called really invented that by sitting down at desk and writing on pen and paper and solving equation.

Basically Dr dre just played with what at the time was fruity loops grid in hardware form and then had session musicals play on his albums.

He just done what chauncy was doing and said it sounds good go with it, its ok.

I think Dr dre made really good music at the time.

Anyway today, people are more knowlegeble then ever about music theroy and production and yet the music is obejectively worse then ever. And it stays the same for years and years!

I have to say I like your music a lot less now after I found out you are music tyrant.

I can't imagine going in Dr dres studio and he starts telling you not to touch anything until you written a thesis in laying some bull shit 4# over a dfy niner chord or some bs haha....

Right, I am sure that Dr dre who probably doesn't even know what the notes on the keyboard are called really invented that by sitting down at desk and writing on pen and paper and solving equation.

Basically Dr dre just played with what at the time was fruity loops grid in hardware form and then had session musicals play on his albums.

Anyway today, people are more knowlegeble then ever about music theroy and production and yet the music is obejectively worse then ever. And it stays the same for years and years!

I have to say I like your music a lot less now after I found out you are music tyrant.

I can't imagine going in Dr dres studio and he starts telling you not to touch anything until you written a thesis in laying some bull shit 4# over a dfy niner chord or some bs haha....

I don't care what you think. My music speaks for itself. Music theory isn't this sophisticated thing for people in wigs. A good musician can sit at a keyboard and instantly make up a melody because we know what notes to play.

How do you make a g funk melody? How do you make a blues melody? How do you make a conjunto melody? lol etc.,

...lol learn. Have a good new year. :)

Last edited:
Bobchops-- Super funny. You don't see the implications and incredible connection of your second paragraph to your third. Unless you are trolling too. Then I must say "outstanding in your field," sir.

GJ

PS-- And now in your last post, you are spouting nonsense without even the decency to use articles such as "a," "an," and "the." Getting close to shutting this one down folks; stay off personal attacks and keep the conversation civil, please.

Last edited:

Dr dre doesn't play any of the melodies on his albums. Go and look at the credits, he has keyboard players and bass players.

Basically what Dr dre has is just a good ear and good ideas. But if you asked him to play smoke over water on piano it probably sound like a chauncey beat!

Also remeber jimi hendrix who invented heavy metal. he didn't know any music theory. I think what you will find is that, the really amazing musicains can just play by ear.

Its like the man who goes to gym and gets huge by being naturally gifted vs the man who works his ass off and weights 80lbs.

Als

thanks Epsilon. i got some time soon ill be checking your music out to.

to chauncey, man i posted like 4 beats, and dont take my words negatively im trying to work with you. seems like you want praise and this isnt the place to be doing that i think people here genuinely want to learn and improve their music. like a mutual relationship if that makes sense.

stop tellin me to post tracks when i already dropped 4 links you said you listen to everything well listen then wtf. im a man of my word and i dont dig your beats that much, you definitly got a different sound so its interesting, but like i said, i fuck with the raps mostly cause you sound like gucci doe

Dr dre doesn't play any of the melodies on his albums. Go and look at the credits, he has keyboard players and bass players.

Basically what Dr dre has is just a good ear and good ideas. But if you asked him to play smoke over water on piano it probably sound like a chauncey beat!

Also remeber jimi hendrix who invented heavy metal. he didn't know any music theory. I think what you will find is that, the really amazing musicains can just play by ear.

Its like the man who goes to gym and gets huge by being naturally gifted vs the man who works his ass off and weights 80lbs.

Als

lol you have points. I always thought he made his beats. Sure, he'll collaborate with other musicians but thats what musicians do. Music is a collaborative industry, more so than a competitive one. We thrive a lot because we have each other to support. But I hear ya, you make good points.

Last edited:
The bit about Hendrix is completely wrong (of course, he was certainly unconventional, but he knew what he was doing). I'm pretty sure Dr. Dre is self-taught, but he also is not flailing around hoping that something good comes out in the end. He knows music, he knows production/engineering, and from a rhythmic standpoint, at least, he knows beats-- he was programming drum machines in the 1980's, not picking preset rhythms in band-in-a-box or fruity loops.

Bobchops-- I have to go with Trump on this one... I don't believe you're a Russian. I do believe you're from Trollandia, otherwise how could you know so much about music and the history of "non-theoretical" musicians, after having only been a "producer" for less than a week?

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...ng-1-week-need-feedbacks-531341/#post50030338

GJ

Last edited:
The bit about Hendrix is completely wrong (of course, he was certainly unconventional, but he knew what he was doing). I'm pretty sure Dr. Dre is self-taught, but he also is not flailing around hoping that something good comes out in the end. He knows music, he knows production/engineering, and from a rhythmic standpoint, at least, he knows beats-- he was programming drum machines in the 1980's, not picking preset rhythms in band-in-a-box or fruity loops.

Bobchops-- I have to go with Trump on this one... I don't believe you're a Russian. I do believe you're from Trollandia, otherwise how could you know so much about music and the history of "non-theoretical" musicians, after having only been a "producer" for less than a week?

GJ

ah shit, I didn't see that...internet world problems

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...ng-1-week-need-feedbacks-531341/#post50030338

GJ

Europeans write things down on paper. Thats what all the music theory was for. It was the solution to having 100s of different musicians play a piece of music.

Most of the original JAZZ musicians were illiterate heroin addicts. They couldn't even write their own name, so they were going to go out and read book on music theory?

Now JAZZ is a lot more musically demanding then say heavy metal or dare i say .... g-funk hip hop.

The point is that music theory is kind of like a medieval sequencer.

Anyone now can play all the white notes, or all the black notes. Experiment with a few chord, and play a lead line over the top.

Its easy to do.

And yes of course Hendrix knew what he was doing, but he probably didn't know the names of the progressions or any of that stuff. You would be surprised how many amazing musicians know no music theory and just play by ear.

Last edited:
You would be surprised by whom you are trying to lecture about music history and music theory. I am not surprised, however, by your disingenuous over-simplifications and misinformation re: Jazz, Rock, and classical music. I certainly hope no others are taken in by your fabrications and generalizations.

BUT-- Thank you for dropping the fake Russian neophyte ruse.

GJ

You would be surprised by whom you are trying to lecture about music history and music theory. I am not surprised, however, by your disingenuous over-simplifications and misinformation re: Jazz, Rock, and classical music. I certainly hope no others are taken in by your fabrications and generalizations.

BUT-- Thank you for dropping the fake Russian neophyte ruse.

GJ

To be honest with you, I don't have ego about music anymore. I don't care.

I am not musical genius, but I probably done more stuff then 99.999% of musicians will ever do. I don't like to brag about my success any more.

To be honest I could have been really famous, but my problem was that I learned to much about the music industry and realized that it was not for me. So I had to walk away from my chance to go thru the door to the big time....

To be honest with you I really enjoy making music, but I hate everything it stands for nowadays.

So yes I suppose I am one of few unsung heroes who was prepared to walk away from fame and fortune.

And 1 thing is, in life, when you get to the top of the tree like i did, you got to learn to keep things simple so you don't end up tying yourself all up in knots.

It might feel good how clever you are when you know about how G-funk is a minor 5th over a crispy base or what ever...

But thats not going to help you at all, when someone says to you, "look I dont care if you have fancy transitions or not, just make it hot!"...

And your stuck there leafing over music manual telling them that once you work out the pi of C# triad then it will be all good to go.

See I just keep it simple.. people ask me for something hot, and so I blow their mind for them...

nothing more or nothing less.

Nothing more, nothing less indeed.

Let's be honest then, and real simple. There is no real argument here, and no controversy, other than that which trolls are trying to trollate.

YES-- Many musicians are born with innate talent. I would say to some degree all. And to be honest, you don't "need" to practice, you don't "need" to know theory, you don't "need" to understand harmony, melody, rhythm, arrangement, production, mixing, mastering, reading, or writing. It just makes it all easier, to the extent that one is willing to put in the time to do so. So NO, you don't "need" to know your root from your 5th from a sextuplet rhythmic figure from a hole in the wall in order to "make it hot" if you happen to have been blessed with the talent. But if you want to make it hot in a timely fashion, if you want to make 10 of them hot in one day in a specific style due to a deadline and a client request, or if you want to understand another style or sound that you hear that is inspiring you-- there is no substitute for spending the time to learn your instrument or instruments, and to learn some basic musicality. And if you want to understand what has come before you, so you can choose of your own volition to borrow from or pay tribute to the past, or consciously break from it, there is no substitute for knowing some (actual, factual) music history, and doing a lot (and I mean a lot) of listening.

You can be good without study, but it is much harder to be great. Study done properly will not take anything away from you, it will only add to your ability and fluency.

No contradiction between creativity and technique. No opposition between improvisation and theoretical knowledge. Don't create a false dichotomy strawman and then try to light it on fire.

Natural Creativity = Good. Understanding what you are doing and how it fits into the larger picture = Even Better.

Put another way-- Why is it that you and Chauncey came to FP? Was it to learn something? Was it to share what you have learned with others who can grow from your experiences, successes, and mistakes? This is the purpose of a place like FP.

Was it to show everybody else here up and tell them that they are "doing it all wrong," while maintaining that you "just make it hot" with "no ego about music; nothing more, nothing less," while using false pretenses like "I'm from Russia and I just made my first beat?" I submit to you that a) we don't need or want that here, and b) it won't be tolerated very long. We have spirited, and opinionated discussions here, and that is fine. Just don't get in the way of those actually trying to contribute with nonsensical pronouncements and keyboard theatrics. Nah Gon Do.

GJ

Last edited:
lol, this guy's been doing dumb shit like this on the forum for a while. I left for a minute, but I remember somebody (i damn sure its this foo,) saying dumb shit like this. Just ignore him. His beats are decent, but his attitude is garbage. :D

ha, and ya you have some good tracks BENZODANKLIN! You put a lot of time into your work.

Have a good New Year everyone!
EXACTLY!! Lol i saw him doing this shit earlier in 2016

It seems like a good bit of accounts made after like 2015... seem to be a bunch of heretics ho'd rather be heretics.

Yes, 'Tis the Season for Trolls to be Trolling. There's the guy who's got the stereotypical neuroses/borderline psychosis with delusions of grandeur posting his adventures and "don't oppose me's" in five different forums at least (because the illuminati is after him because he exposed everybody and his case is pending but HIS BEATZ IZ FIYAH!!), the other guy who pops in periodically to hide tiny bits of possibly useful information in miles and miles of useless conjectural philosophical nonsensical psycho-babble, the several others who are always challenging everybody because "My stuff is FIYAH son; yo beatz is wack!!" Now we've got the "Russian Noob" who's not a Russian noob but is still really the greatest because he turned down his chance to be a star because he didn't want it-- it would change him and his music, but HIZ BEATZ IZ FIYAH!! And he somehow wasn't expelled in the Obama-purge...

People, let's clean things up in 2017. Nice-nice, good participation, no nonsense, no spamming self-promotional publicity stunts... Or it will be cleaned-up for you... No Trolls on The Scene in 2017!

GJ

Last edited:
Let's start a better thread. If you want feedback, ask for feedback. If you want to challenge someone or everyone to a battle, please do it respectfully. Thread closed in the interest of a New Year.

GJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back