Beat Tape: Sounds from the Basement - 01 // F4F

HomageBeats

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to share my recent drop on band camp.
Accepting all feedback, regardless of taste.
I will give honest and constructive feedback in return.

Thanks for listening!

Last edited:
Returning feed...

THAT JAZZ!!! WOO. Cool automations. The snare, IDK if its me, but i feel like it may be a TAD loud. Unless thats what you were going for. Had my head nodding. Could see a grimy rapper on here, like Beans. Cant really crituqe the mix/bass, as Im on my laptop ATM, but this is nice!

Returning feed...

THAT JAZZ!!! WOO. Cool automations. The snare, IDK if its me, but i feel like it may be a TAD loud. Unless thats what you were going for. Had my head nodding. Could see a grimy rapper on here, like Beans. Cant really crituqe the mix/bass, as Im on my laptop ATM, but this is nice!

thanks for returning -- appreciate that!

glad you feeling it!!

yeah I was noticing that when I was listening with my phone earlier today.. but when I listen on my headphones // speakers, I like how it came out.

interesting how that seems to work.

anyways, thanks for listening.. appreciate the words.

Very nice, especially of the piano parts. The stuttery drum programming was cool too, though sometimes it felt like the percussion overpowered the mix a little bit in a few of the middle songs. The panning of the various instruments is well done, and it helps with the mix a lot since you're layering a lot of stuff.

Very nice, especially of the piano parts. The stuttery drum programming was cool too, though sometimes it felt like the percussion overpowered the mix a little bit in a few of the middle songs. The panning of the various instruments is well done, and it helps with the mix a lot since you're layering a lot of stuff.

thanks for your observations and your words..

my mixing technique is always improving, so your observation is noted.

I like the funky sounds You have used.
Very creative.
Dont loose this view man. ;)

appreciate that, and glad you respect it!

Im digging the smooth sample choices fam and the boom bap feel. It def has a nice vibe and head nod. I would say overall on your tracks, make sure that the drums arent over compressed to the point where they could hurt someone ears or disturb the vibe of the beat. If you turn it down, just a little, it'll sound a lot better. Def good work though fam, Keep it up.

Dope. 4th track was probably my favorite loved the fuzzy record sound, reminds me of some Madlib ish.

Yo, this is dope fam! Definitely one of the better beattapes I heard recently. Mix could be a little tighter, maybe bring the instruments a bit more forward.

You got a download link for this?

dope, i like the soulful vibe and instrumentation. i will say this could do with more variation though given the length.

Back