The Loopy - New Style [Melodic Electronic]

dxbrah

Appreciate any feedback on any aspect of the track.

Mods you can delete the previous thread I made, made the old version of the track private.

Also, I think the mix is not that well balanced. Volumes (at least for drums) are too loud in some cases and the punch doesn't feel right.

Last edited:
Hey man, nice to see some funky style music. :). You have great artwork btw.
I love the idea, the melody which starts at 0:11 gets even better at 1:17. You certainly dont have problems with the idea. I have a feeling that you chose the right sounds and instruments for this type of track. What you should improve is mixing, and structure knowledge. Some parts come in as really unexpected, for example 1:39 is a huge jump, try playing with the cutoff automation. At 0:50, when you bring in the the drums they are really loud, try to decrease the volume a bit, and try to automate it till 1:00. Try to maybe sidechain a bit, I dont think it is necessary for this song, but it would definitaly interesting to play around with and wait for the results.

Take care
Jay :)

i like the idea at the beginning. this sounds really fun. but then you bring in some new elements and suddenly it sounds like you mixed two different songs together.
I think you should stick with the first one.
since the drums sound very oldish and somewhat distorted you could try to bring the distortion also to the synths.

the kicks sound like they came from an old cassette, the snares at 0:25 are too loud.
Have a good day

Also, I think the mix is not that well balanced. Volumes (at least for drums) are too loud in some cases and the punch doesn't feel right.

Yeah, my sample selection and volume levelling for this track was pretty dodgy haha. You have a good day too.

Hey man, nice to see some funky style music. :). You have great artwork btw.
I love the idea, the melody which starts at 0:11 gets even better at 1:17. You certainly dont have problems with the idea. I have a feeling that you chose the right sounds and instruments for this type of track. What you should improve is mixing, and structure knowledge. Some parts come in as really unexpected, for example 1:39 is a huge jump, try playing with the cutoff automation. At 0:50, when you bring in the the drums they are really loud, try to decrease the volume a bit, and try to automate it till 1:00. Try to maybe sidechain a bit, I dont think it is necessary for this song, but it would definitaly interesting to play around with and wait for the results.

Take care
Jay :)

Thanks man. Yeah I'll play around more with automation, good tips.

i like the idea at the beginning. this sounds really fun. but then you bring in some new elements and suddenly it sounds like you mixed two different songs together.
I think you should stick with the first one.
since the drums sound very oldish and somewhat distorted you could try to bring the distortion also to the synths.

Thanks man. Yeah I feel you. Originally it was a constant beat the whole way through then for some reason I decided to make it trap haha, I think it would have flowed better that way. Not my best song flow wise either in terms of the melody, but I know exactly where I went wrong there and can stop it happening next time.

Thanks for listening guys! :)

Last edited:
Back