I fell like I'm the only producer who samples

not a real poll

• Total voters
im pretty positive most vsts are just glorified samplers.nexus,iris,philharmonic,kontakt DEFINATELY is a sample player, omnisphere, and various other players.Drum kits are also samples too.
piano plugins that arent synthesis based etc.if someone knocks you for sampling they're just a bunch of dumbasses.

I only sample. I feel like its hard to recreate and make a song your own from using a sample. I feel like making a trap beat is easy especially if you watch how some are created on YouTube. Plus I love digging and finding gems. I wanted to be a DJ when I first started but I never want to create playlist and learn serato. I know some people who want to be DJs and don't understand anything of what they are doing so they go take classes. Smh. I always wanted the to tables and a microphone set up. Its still a dream of mine I have yet to manifest.

My friend makes deep house and tech house....he hates on me for sampling. It makes no sense. He uses plug-ins, drum packs etc. There is no difference!

The irony of it is..I learnt the basics of music theory, how to use plug-ins..how to create melodies and build beats out of VSTs before I learnt how to sample.

The other day he called me a fraud for now learning to sample. I told him if he can sample as well as I can then it is fraudulent! I learnt how to compose first...I'm just expanding my arsenal. Haters gon' hate

Last edited:
im pretty positive most vsts are just glorified samplers.nexus,iris,philharmonic,kontakt DEFINATELY is a sample player, omnisphere, and various other players.Drum kits are also samples too.
piano plugins that arent synthesis based etc.if someone knocks you for sampling they're just a bunch of dumbasses.

Exactly, a lot of sounds we here in VST's like Kontakt for example, the source of the sample was a sample.
All those piano VST's from NI, sampled from the real thing.

there are a few vsts that have no samplers like zebra,alchemy and sytrus/thor.
some sampler vsts like east west are necessary because the amount of money you'd need for that type of shit would be at least 3,500,000 dollars if you had to hire a damn choir to sing for you, and an orchestra, and an apache vocalist etc.

Some people understand how difficult sampling is, i still can't sample and most of the time i rely on synths because of the timing, calculating bpm is a betch.

I sample. Also, sill plenty of new upcoming producers sampling, cam from justice league, thelonious martin just to name a couple.

1) These types of threads are useless.
2) Even if you were right (you're not), who cares. Listen to & make the music you want.
3) Don't get butthurt when someone calls you out for not recognizing that those artists you named were actually heavy into samples.

Post your "better" music up. Don't claim to be doper than someone else and not let us judge for ourselves.

gotta agree with there xabiton, last time I actually sampled something to use was in 2002 and it was my then 3 year old daughter and myself

I love to sample. There are times where I will sample and will hear something else within that sample and change the whole song up and create something new. Whether it's boom bap or trap, do what you feel inside. Forget the cookie cutter stuff you hear, but pay attention to eat because you learn from it as well. You don't have to like the corny stuff but learn something from it!

Just registered here because all the ignorance I saw in this thread blew my mind. What's the point in saying nobody but you use samples when: - it's a subforum titled "Sampling & digging"
- when you know about WhoSampled but still say recent music don't use samples unless some scratches etc... You know you're wrong.
- when someone exposes the truth you insult him?

Having trap drums on your beat doesn't mean you can't have a sample on your track, and if the producer doesn't sample some 70/80's soul/funk/jazz it doesn't mean his beat isn't sample-based. Being trapped in the 90's doesn't mean you have be stupid and hate what hip-hop beats have become.

Back