I fell like I'm the only producer who samples

not a real poll

• Total voters

HX_

I feel like I'm the only producer who samples

Everyone seems to make this plastic trap sh!t nowadays, but my soul is still 100% boom bap. Is anything wrong with me?

Last edited:
You need to listen to more music then.
I know there are a ton of cookie cutter beatmakers out but there are a TON of cats who still
sample,known and unknown.

Peace

Last edited:
You need to listen to more music then.
I know there are a ton of cookie cutter beatmakers out but there are a TON of cats who still
sample,known and unknown.

Peace
Ha, but I'm not talking about genial producers like Primo, Pete Rock, RZA, Jay Dee etc. I'm talking about the new gen of beatmakers who call sampling "stealing" and produce trap beats only. Of course there are still samplers around but much less than it used to be.

Ha, but I'm not talking about genial producers like Primo, Pete Rock, RZA, Jay Dee etc. I'm talking about the new gen of beatmakers who call sampling "stealing" and produce trap beats only. Of course there are still samplers around but much less than it used to be.

Yeah there are a lot of trap beats out,which i usually just skip,but there are a ton of cats here who sample.Listen through some of the stuff on Soundcloud,you'll be suprised how many good sample based producers there are.

Peace

Sampling is what got me started;
is what inspired me to create music.

I play the keys for the most part now.
Nothing is wrong with either, or any way.

You should combine what you like from
every style/genre of music.

Create a new genre by doing you!

So much hate. I know the universe is
abundant, but damn. Instead of saying
how much you hate R&B or Funk, how
bout you just say you hate yourself. Lol

Besides that, from what I can tell, nothing
is wrong with you.

(You asked)

Just #LetItGo
What the hell did you just say?

Just noticed I made a mistake in the title lol, *feel

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont see why you shouldn't be able to do boom bap AND make trap beats
That's right, but look at the rappers that are famous nowadays... Asap Rocky, Kendrick Lamar, J Cole, even Jay Z, they all use trap beats and it seems like many have lost interest in boom bap, it's scaring me.

Last edited:
That's right, but look at the rappers that are famous nowadays... Asap Rocky, Kendrick Lamar, J Cole, even Jay Z, they all use trap beats and it seems like many have lost interest in boom bap, it's scaring me.

Everyone you just named has albums smothered in samples. Ridiculously obvious samples. What are you talking about?

Everyone you just named has albums smothered in samples. Ridiculously obvious samples. What are you talking about?

Yeah, good job using WhoSampled, even though 90% of the samples are from other rap songs. (Not music, just rap lyrics)
By the way, try entering any (good) 90's rapper. You'll see the difference.

Last edited:
Still a lot of sampling producers but i think Hip-Hop doesn't have that Soul in it anymore. Its either bragging or dance music now.

Yeah, good job using WhoSampled, even though 90% of the samples are from other rap songs. (Not music, just rap lyrics)
By the way, try entering any (good) 90's rapper. You'll see the difference.

Good job overthinking me overthinking. Whosampled is for people worried about the bych the next nikka fuccin. You think maybe I just love music enough to instantly recognize the same "crown" sample Ja Rule used years ago on Jay's record? Or J-Hud's song that I thought about sampling in "crooked Smile"? C'mon, man, who the f**k doesn't know where "poetic justice" came from?

I already know your type by your response. You're that guy who just figured out how to sample last week who now thinks he's the "only one sampling" cause he doesn't recognize an audio clip created before 2010 and has no clue of where to start looking. None of the shyt those guys sample is barely scratching a surface on the songs I just listed. Learn a little more and you'll realize how many records are smothered in samples out there. Lol @ Whosampled and only sampling rap songs.

Last edited:
Good job overthinking me overthinking. Whosampled is for people worried about the bych the next nikka fuccin. You think maybe I just love music enough to instantly recognize the same "crown" sample Ja Rule used years ago on Jay's record? Or J-Hud's song that I thought about sampling in "crooked Smile"? C'mon, man, who the f**k doesn't know where "poetic justice" came from?

I already know your type by your response. You're that guy who just figured out how to sample last week who now thinks he's the "only one sampling" cause he doesn't recognize an audio clip created before 2010 and has no clue of where to start looking. None of the shyt those guys sample is barely scratching a surface on the songs I just listed. Learn a little more and you'll realize how many records are smothered in samples out there. Lol @ Whosampled and only sampling rap songs.
Well judging you're a trap producer and a mod you're just trying to sound "smart"
I don't get how your "recongnizing sample" skills are useful at all, you just listed a few songs you've heard somewhere and now you think you're a smartass?
By the way I've been producing for years if you don't know, and my beats are definitely better than yours LOL
And yes, there's difference between sampling music and plain rap lyrics. If you don't get it, you're a retard.

Last edited:
Back