getting that gritty grimey mpc60 sp1200 sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
in ur dreamn they would use fx like bitcrushers .. they have all the equpiment they need .. why in they world would they use a silly fx instead if an sp 1200 or an s950 at there disposal ..ur funny good convo thou no hard feelings gillie ..

Good, last thing I need is problems with you, TRUTH...

:monkey:
its not truth. i checked the IP a while ago. Truth is back around here though i saw him posting a few days ago. I talk to him every so often on Xbox Live

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

in ur dreamn they would use fx like bitcrushers .. they have all the equpiment they need .. why in they world would they use a silly fx instead if an sp 1200 or an s950 at there disposal ..ur funny good convo thou no hard feelings gillie ..
have you ever used an SP1200 or a 950? Thats why people wouldn't want to use them lol. Its true software cannot get that sound totally right but they can get a 12 bit kinda vibe. My whole thing is though is that it has more to do with eq than distortion but most people only run to distortion fx

kreatively i journey sampling an try to recreate a 9th wonder or a preemo beat thatS THE WHOLE IDEA TRYING to recreate that sound its called (inspiration)dont forget the keyword is (inspiration) , whether u see it or not .. so please argue with ur girlfriend ..

im just saying if care bout production creativity trying too achieve this sound then it should matter other wise, if you aint in the same boat the why mention anything..

What the hell did I just read?

good luck bit crushers and bitreduction , there purely crapp there not even close to real thing .. this stupid effects they dont give u that sound they give u white noise , an if u want white noise as effect look it up ..sp 1200 specs a/d converters 26.040 khz pluss a hadd ssm 2044 analog chip that they dont manufacture anymore , and if u want something similar i suggest bying a real analog 12 bit sampler .. as for the mpc 60 that is 12 bit as well an those ssm filter chips not are rare ..

PLUS THERE IS KNOW WAY IN HELL U CAN GET THAT ANALOG SOUND FROM A PC -NO WAYY.. U CAN TRY BUT NEVER WILL ACHIEVE IT ..

all these effects processors are crap ask noble he uses them an ask someone who has an actual rack . an they'll tell u that bitcrushers suck ..

if u want a rolex u dont buy a folex for 100, u buy the reall thing for a
grand.

analog reads way differnt when comes in the signal it has variables

not like digital everything is they same ..

Take this guys advice, he knows what he's talking about. Get a 12 bit rack sampler and you'll love it if you want that gritty sound. If you can get a plug-in for free, it might be fun to mess with until you can get enough cash for the hardware, but if you serious about your sound, $100 is not much to spend for the real thing, considering ppl used to have to spend thousands to get one. I love the the new digital revolution, all this great analog gear is being given away for peanuts.

Ahhh.... I say you can very, very closely emulate old samplers providing you have one to compare your eq/filtering/sample rate reduction techniques.

With EQ, and filtering I came very close to emulating my old Zoom sampletrak that is well known to heavily color your samples.

I came close enough that a/b'ing back and forth was tough to tell apart.

If you know the aliasing character you need along with filtering, and eq you are there.

^Like I said:cheers:

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

12 bit sampler analog

Where?
The last analog sampler I had was an Emerson boombox back in the early 90's.
I made tape loop/pause button beats with it.

its not truth. i checked the IP a while ago. Truth is back around here though i saw him posting a few days ago. I talk to him every so often on Xbox Live

damn for real. the typing, spelling and everything is exactly the same..
THe beats sound the same.
Even has a link in the sig to the mpc grooves that he, I mean TRUTH made.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nobody cares how the beat is made, the minority who do care are hating coz they have all this nice equipment like mpcs, rolands, etc but cannot make hot beat when sum dude making bangers on fruity loops 7 and pc keyboard. As 9th wonder said "if the beat is hot, then the beat is hot" end of story.

its not truth. i checked the IP a while ago. Truth is back around here though i saw him posting a few days ago. I talk to him every so often on Xbox Livethats true im be on xbox live an i be on here everynow an then .. what up xabition .. when we gonna battle 2 k11 im waiting lol...

a

damn for real. the typing, spelling and everything is exactly the same..
THe beats sound the same.
Even has a link in the sig to the mpc grooves that he, I mean TRUTH made.

aye its funny HOW FOOLS THINK .. WHAT UP IM BACK ill be droping sum heat once again .. but for now im waitn ...what up gillie ..and whos that catt blood of a sampler .. that catt hass some skills .. i like that griity ness to his beats ...i'll post eventually wit my ol soundclick ...

Last edited:
i gotta reup my gold account ill get around to it eventually but my vinyl is more important than live lol

alright .. but i see ur account .. just tell me already u forfiet lol ..and vinyl aint going anywhere..u got like 4- 5 crates i seen it on your youtube vid .. nice equpiment ..

Take a look at Maschine's emulation of MPC60 and SP1200 based on actual component modeling even down to details like SP1200's aliasing when repitched effect and the output filters. Both emulations trace the exact signal flow through the actual machines, and they sound authentic as verified by MPC60/SP1200 owners who also own Maschine. NI has also implemented this vintage sampling mode into the latest version of Battery.

I think one of the biggest factors that has kept music so stagnant the last 10 years is how producers just try to emulate someone else's sound rather than experimenting and coming up with something new on their own.
Even the way some of the producers market their beats with descriptions like "Primo style" or "Kanye type", as their music just tries to replicate someone else's sound. Whatever happened to originality and creation?

Someone's got to keep the threads alive.
Otherwise they collect a little dust and 15 other threads all with the same topic start up here and there.

FL filters and VSTs that recreate that gritty MPC and SP sample sound is a big topic.
Blowing the dust off this thread is worthwhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back