getting that gritty grimey mpc60 sp1200 sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

d-rock07

what do you all use to get that gritty grimey street sound of the sp1200 or mpc60? i got a couple bit reduction plugins but dont really sound that great, kinda destroy the sample. using fl studio now

Dude on here named Noblewordz has a couple nice bit crusher type things he's recommended before that I've used. They worked pretty well .I forget the names, I'm sure he'll let you know....

good luck bit crushers and bitreduction , there purely crapp there not even close to real thing .. this stupid effects they dont give u that sound they give u white noise , an if u want white noise as effect look it up ..sp 1200 specs a/d converters 26.040 khz pluss a hadd ssm 2044 analog chip that they dont manufacture anymore , and if u want something similar i suggest bying a real analog 12 bit sampler .. as for the mpc 60 that is 12 bit as well an those ssm filter chips not are rare ..

PLUS THERE IS KNOW WAY IN HELL U CAN GET THAT ANALOG SOUND FROM A PC -NO WAYY.. U CAN TRY BUT NEVER WILL ACHIEVE IT ..

all these effects processors are crap ask noble he uses them an ask someone who has an actual rack . an they'll tell u that bitcrushers suck ..

if u want a rolex u dont buy a folex for 100, u buy the reall thing for a
grand.

analog reads way differnt when comes in the signal it has variables

not like digital everything is they same ..

Last edited by a moderator:
Best bet to get the mpc 60 sound is to get an mpc 60 or an s900 or 950 they are on ebay and the 900s go for around $100. Same sound engine as the mpc 60. The SP1200 sound maybe a little harder as it has more character than just distortion. Sampling vinyl also helps that sound. Mp3s and cd often times come off too clean. Nothing like a little dust in the audio chain to give your sounds some grit. No elitest just being honest

Best bet to get the mpc 60 sound is to get an mpc 60 or an s900 or 950 they are on ebay and the 900s go for around $100. Same sound engine as the mpc 60. The SP1200 sound maybe a little harder as it has more character than just distortion. Sampling vinyl also helps that sound. Mp3s and cd often times come off too clean. Nothing like a little dust in the audio chain to give your sounds some grit. No elitest just being honest

ya no doubt man all i sample is vinyl. im kinda old school like that. love the vinyl. i just dont have too much bills to grab an mpc 60 or any of them for that matter so i was looking for maybe an alternative

jus look up 12 bit roland s550 nice classic, korg dsm 1 12 bit aswell , akai s900 are easier to grab , akai s950 are rare , an emu emax rack is a rare classic 12 bit sampler rack not the keyboard , ensoniqe eps claims to be 12 bit but its 13 bit aswell as the rack version , that for what i got on top of the head ,, sp 1200 goes for bout a 1,300 to 2,500 so do your research ,,12 bit rack samplers are the best for acheiven what you looking for ..an mpc 60 for bout 600- 1000 so look .

Mp3 is often too clean? Mp3 sounds like shit and not clean more compressed I would call it.

jus look up 12 bit roland s550 nice classic, korg dsm 1 12 bit aswell , akai s900 are easier to grab , akai s950 are rare , an emu emax rack is a rare classic 12 bit sampler rack not the keyboard , ensoniqe eps claims to be 12 bit but its 13 bit aswell as the rack version , that for what i got on top of the head ,, sp 1200 goes for bout a 1,300 to 2,500 so do your research ,,12 bit rack samplers are the best for acheiven what you looking for ..an mpc 60 for bout 600- 1000 so look .
S950 rare? I dont see it. I got my EPS for $75 you can also cop a roland w30 for like $100. Erick Sermon used to use one.

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

Mp3 is often too clean? Mp3 sounds like shit and not clean more compressed I would call it.
I dont understand how they cannot be clean but still sound like shit lol. just because its a clean recording doesnt mean it sounds good. mp3s are compressed and frequencies are elmiinated and by doing so is in fact cleaning up the sound. lets also keep in mind that most mp3s come from cds which are clean by nature

all these effects processors are crap ask noble he uses them an ask someone who has an actual rack . an they'll tell u that bitcrushers suck ..

Ask deez nutz..

Look man do you, don't worry about what other people are using. At the end of the day people who listen to the music don't give two shits how its processed they just care if it sounds good.

How people make music is changing, emulation and modeling is becoming a big part of modern music and how people make it, look at a song like "Kinda Like A Big Deal" by the Clipse, the guitars in that were direct into the PC and modeled by GuitarRig, pretty sure the drums were ran through Scream.

Just because you don't understand it doesn't make it wrong it just makes you ignorant.

Nothing wrong with using hardware, nothing wrong with software only wrong thing is wack music, do you, leave me out of your ramblings.

Furthermore:
topgearsjamesmayhatersg.gif

Last edited:
S950 rare? I dont see it. I got my EPS for $75 you can also cop a roland w30 for like $100. Erick Sermon used to use one.

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

I dont understand how they cannot be clean but still sound like shit lol. just because its a clean recording doesnt mean it sounds good. mp3s are compressed and frequencies are elmiinated and by doing so is in fact cleaning up the sound. lets also keep in mind that most mp3s come from cds which are clean by nature

your right about cd being more clean and ripping from CD to mp3 yes it keeps that character. But Ive never really used the word clean for mp3. but I hear what your saying.

Ask deez nutz..

Look man do you, don't worry about what other people are using. At the end of the day people who listen to the music don't give two shits how its processed they just care if it sounds good.

How people make music is changing, emulation and modeling is becoming a big part of modern music and how people make it, look at a song like "Kinda Like A Big Deal" by the Clipse, the guitars in that were direct into the PC and modeled by GuitarRig, pretty sure the drums were ran through Scream.

Just because you don't understand it doesn't make it wrong it just makes you ignorant.

Nothing wrong with using hardware, nothing wrong with software only wrong thing is wack music, do you, leave me out of your ramblings.

Furthermore:
topgearsjamesmayhatersg.gif

Buuuuuurrrrnnnnnnnnnn :D

Ahhh.... I say you can very, very closely emulate old samplers providing you have one to compare your eq/filtering/sample rate reduction techniques.

With EQ, and filtering I came very close to emulating my old Zoom sampletrak that is well known to heavily color your samples.

I came close enough that a/b'ing back and forth was tough to tell apart.

If you know the aliasing character you need along with filtering, and eq you are there.

there is no way in hell mattman - analog reads way differently then digital , an believe it or not u can fake the funk but for how long ....

digital reads straight 1111 1111 2222 3333 4444

analog has a tendacy to change these number signal to small variables an signal chain is part what achieves this sound,

fatso analog -

12 bit sampler analog

reel to reel tape -

comps

all these are factors people should look at . all this high end can be duplicated with many paain staking a/b reference . and why would u try when having the real thing ..

a camry aint an ashton martin ....

an at thee end of the day people doo really care how the beat was made ..its called (INSPIRATION) so dont be fooled by digital fx which have there own sound/ colour , but not anthing like the real thing ,you can try .. hahaha

..ya digg

beer and milk aint equivalent - quote mattman

an at thee end of the day people doo really care how the beat was made ..its called (INSPIRATION) so dont be fooled by digital fx which have there own sound/ colour , but not anthing like the real thing ,you can try .. hahaha

Only other "producers" (might) care. But who cares what another "producer" thinks, hell who cares what ANYONE thinks, as long as you are proud of what you make

kreatively i journey sampling an try to recreate a 9th wonder or a preemo beat thatS THE WHOLE IDEA TRYING to recreate that sound its called (inspiration)dont forget the keyword is (inspiration) , whether u see it or not .. so please argue with ur girlfriend ..

im just saying if care bout production creativity trying too achieve this sound then it should matter other wise, if you aint in the same boat the why mention anything..

LOL, I'm not arguing, just talkin.

Would you not be inspired by 9th or Premo if their beats were made with a plug/emulator?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back