Finding Samples

Can't be too hard on duke cause Im pretty sure Ive asked this question b4....anyway I sample whatever sounds good. As long as it touches you, sample it....And I agree, youtube is the ish. I sample from youtube all the time.

you know what your right my man. we all started somewhere. and if the cats wanting to learn about samples/digging etc and is keen to learn good luck. i just get angry seeing them lazy mother****ers asking for actual samples and chops etc.

find a song/piece u like, google all the popular filehosts for an mp3. import to audio editor or daw, then slice the fk outta it. another thing u could do is export riffs from your old projects then slice em up and try make a new version of them.

Or,

go to the record store that has a turntable setup for you to sample before you buy
grab some records, listen, buy.

Cracks me up that the same people that complain about people not buying their music are the ones that don't invest in music themselves.

I gotta get a record player but for right now I find em online

blogs..jazz,soul,funk blogs..google them..or get your a$$ up and go diggin at your local swapmeet..you might find some gems that are not on the web

Anywhere. Any source. Don't care. As long as I like it. Don't even care if it's been used before. I sample, to cater to my needs or whatever the particular song, I'm working on, needs. Could care less about other peoples opinions about where or how I should get my samples. Do you.

If anyones here's from Seattle area best place to get old vinal is at the old record shop in Fremont it's such a amazing place I just wish I had a turntable to use some of my collection haha maybe santa will be good this year ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back