**Digging adventures - post what you get**

That's a dope Lou Rawls album, I was on a spurt not too long ago buying all the Lou Rawls I found, he is one of my favorite singers. I think I own more of his albums than anyone.

I'm not sure about that Ahmad Jamal, I think it's from the 80s? which would make it mainstream for him and way past his prime. Doesn't mean you won't like it though.

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 AM ----------

Just came back from Florida, here is what I found... nothing major lol...

http://www.beabetterproducer.com/adv...ing-episode-i/

Just realized that Ramsey Lewis is the record with ATCQ's Electric Relaxation sample on it.

That's a dope Lou Rawls album, I was on a spurt not too long ago buying all the Lou Rawls I found, he is one of my favorite singers. I think I own more of his albums than anyone.

I'm not sure about that Ahmad Jamal, I think it's from the 80s? which would make it mainstream for him and way past his prime. Doesn't mean you won't like it though.

The Lou Rawls album was definitely a great find, I'm still going through it.. Your right about the Ahmad Jamal album (1980), it's a lot more mainstream than his previous stuff, heavier drums, etc. But still there are some dope parts on it..
I just finished this beat using one of the tracks off it, I think it turned out alright..?

http://www.divshare.com/download/11437787-f71

Amen Brother is pretty hard to come across, I know the 45 is usually priced from $15-$50. They reissued it so you could probably find that easier for a cheaper price. But, I'm sure you could dig hard and find the OG someday. The album it's on is Color Him Father, which I believe is also a pretty hard to find record.

As far as records with famous breaks, find a list of the famous breaks and figure out what albums they are on. Most of these records go for good money though because of these breaks.

The easiest ones to find that come to mind are..

-Isley Brothers - Footsteps In The Dark. On the album Go For Your Guns
-Dexter Wansel - Them From The Planets. On the album Life On Mars.
-Donny Hathaway - Magnificent Sanctuary Band. On his self titled album.
-Jeff Beck - Come Dancing. On the album Wired
-Little Feat - Fool Yourself. On the album Dixie Chicken

You should be able to get all those except the Donny Hathaway for a few bucks. Last time I saw the Donny Hathaway I think it was $8.
I never see any of those breaks around town except for the Isleys lol

One of my favorite breaks that nobody ever mentions and probably hasnt used

Oh ya, I always forget about that Al Green.
For some reason I never use that break, I don't know what it is. I think it's just the sound of the kit, never fits anything I do.

what up fp..heres my 1st dig out here where i live in holland,michigan been here in holland 6mths and just found a spot was travlin back and fourth to chicago but this spot has a good selection and i think im the only 1 in town who buy records so thats a big plus for me.. so here's my lil purchased just a few...

henry mancini,mike oldfield(havent lis yet),joe hunter(luv the cover) and gladys..

DSCI0251.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
what up fp..heres my 1st dig out here where i live in holland,michigan been here in holland 6mths and just found a spot was travlin back and fourth to chicago but this spot has a good selection and i think im the only 1 in town who buy records so thats a big plus for me.. so here's my lil purchased just a few...

henry mancini,mike oldfield(havent lis yet),joe hunter(luv the cover) and gladys..

DSCI0251.jpg
if those are your only dibs I am sure everyone has been to your record store and ran them dry lol j/k thats a cool first dig.

thanks xabition..but coming from chicago to here in holland,mich seems like nothings here its a small dutch town very quiet..but i guess ur right u never who might diggin and where..

Are the normal people that post in this thread the only people that dig on this site? Or do the others just not care to share what they buy?...

I am starting to think that most of the people on FP are more of the leecher type

Most ppl Here just dont dig(physically) lol. they look for mp3's and what not. I did that when i first started years ago, but once i got better I started to sample vinyl. I think the tracks i sample from vinyl sound wayy better(sound quality wise)

But anyway I did a little digging on Saturday would love to share but no camera at the moment. picked up 12 records will sift through em this week.

I dig, but I haven't been to the flea market or record store in a while, I'm a little tight on money right now, but I'll be going soon, don't worry.

Most ppl Here just dont dig(physically) lol. they look for mp3's and what not. I did that when i first started years ago, but once i got better I started to sample vinyl. I think the tracks i sample from vinyl sound wayy better(sound quality wise)

But anyway I did a little digging on Saturday would love to share but no camera at the moment. picked up 12 records will sift through em this week.

i was that person(e-diggr)til the end of last yr.. i mean was dl everthing i could get my hands on and flipin thats shit,but the sound quality was not as good til i flip the same song from vinyl and the sound and feelin i got from it was totally diff than the mp3 version allmost spiritual like..lol..so now i truly understand the whole diggin part of it cuz once u start u cant stop... im hooked onit and makes me appreciate the artist im sampling from and the album covers are what makes it cool to dig too....

started going through the fat crate of vinyl i got, some really shit hyms and church music but i bet they could be sampled. already a couple of records into the crate and made a couple beats just to throw down some ideas, and because i just had to hit the pads.

try the last 3 beats in my set. will post some samples for ya to flip soon

http://soundcloud.com/davebeatz/sets/davebeatz-beatz

I used to buy vinyl when I first started, but ever since I've been an MP3 digger, I don't feel like I have enough respect for my music since switching like that. When I sort out my housing issues I'm going to buy a record player again and start digging again. There used to be this record store in croydon (london) called beano's. But I noticed it shut now that place was dope though.

One of the better digs I've had in a while, got a few joints I've been trying to track down for a minute

5-26-2.jpg

Back