Stop Giving Away FREE Beats...

I'd buy songs I like, if it's not my favorite song, I will listen it on the internet, of course on the owner's channel

Last edited:
If your beat is good enough, it doesn't matter if other "producers" are selling their beats for free, cuz you won't sound like the 99% that are selling "free beats".

At the end of the day these "free" beats aren't going to stop.... they are gaining momentum everyday. Some producer only put up free beats and they are getting 100,000 views!!

These days rappers are broke. The only people paying for music are producers!

Producers are the only one's (with obvious exceptions) who are willing to pay for new keyboards, samples, DAW's, advancing their skills.... Rappers... I see a bunch of college kids just rapping for shits and gigs

This video is epic, I think I found a nice community here.

I refuse to give beats away for free. Cheap... some sure, but free, f*ck no. That's not business. Producers need to band together and raise the value of our product.

i agree with no free beats, unless its a promotional beat tape, but for the right rapper or cause i would most def hook them up providing they bring me up with them

Have any of you considered becoming publishing and signing up for all of the right sources so that others are forced to take you seriously?

Have you:

-Signed up for BMI or other?
-Registered and paid for your LLC and trademark?
-Set up your business structure website and email
-Gotten business cards
-Spoken to or acquired a lawyer
-Opened your business account (so you can be paid)
-Paid for and acquired all state fees and license to do this type of business in your state
-Drawn up agreement documents
-Run meetings with your clients
-Presented invoices where required

I'm just wondering because I've tried everything it seems. Im reading a few books that suggest these things and I feel like maybe these things are required for others to take you seriously as a business. It's A LOT, but must it be done?

Fucks that - Heres 20 Free Beats <--that links to my landing page that does one thing only - generates signups
Ill give anyone those 20 free beats, after theyve paid me with their email address and signed up to my list
I will gift many artists i like free beats , not a big deal

but mostly, with competition the way it is nowadays,
beats are practically worthless in most rappers eyes
one tweet on twitter , with an email address, will get a rappers inbox filled with up to 150 new beats

when you throwing beats at people you have no idea who they are
you are throwing them to hobby rappers who was never gone pay in the first place

Point is - if you gone give away your beats, get at least an email signup

For me it's about finding that balance between building my list whilst at the same time stating, through the fees I charge, that my time is of great value to me. Therefore giving away a few free beats to entice a sign-up is a great strategy but then I think ones catalog will be seen as more substantial in terms of quality and value by potential customers if there is a reasonable fee charged for the work. It's all psychology at the end of the day.

Back