should quite prodcing beats?

I'm just gonna jump on the train here and say what some people here already have said. If you like making music, keep making music.. how hard can it be to decide that? If you don't want to make music, then you don't make music.. if the only reason you are in it still today is because you want to be a big shot one day, then I personally believe that you are in it for all the wrong reasons and you should quit now because there are already too many people out there mass producing pointless and heartless noise.

Last edited:
I wanted learn music theory but haven't found time between school and work. but these artist today don't know theory .
What the hell are you talking about.

I don't mean to be rude, but what makes you think they don't know theory? If you don't even know theory how would you know if they do? Especially with the structures of your song.

Of course they know theory. Maybe the actual front end artists don't, but the producers and writers behind them absolutely know theory, and a specific artist not knowing theory is not confirmation that you shouldn't know theory.

With all that being said, whether or not you suck doesn't matter. Nobody expects you to be good yet. Learn some theory, keep making music, you'll keep getting better. That's the beauty of the position your in. You have wiggle room. You have room to try something new that may or may not be good.

I wanted learn music theory but haven't found time between school and work. but these artist today don't know theory .

I'm just saying to be successful you'll need your own promotional team. your not going to get agent to book shows if your not promoting and making fans. if you have show at club then you'll need promote it yourself so that people will show up so that you can get ticket sales .

that's my plan if don't make it in 5 years I rather go to nursing school make more money. but cant stand hospital or logical thinking haha .

that is why I try because don't want to be 40s old thinking that could have had as mall fan base that supported me and bought all t shirts and tickets .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hype_(magazine) I use promotional magazines .

I don't even know what to say, I just wanna know how the hell your head works. At least you're right about one thing, you defiantly have no interest in Logical Thinking..

Last edited:

I don't even know what to say, I just wanna know how the hell your head works. At least you're right about one thing, you defiantly have no interest in Logical Thinking..
The OP stated that he suffers from dyslexia. That's why his thoughts seem so chaotic to us. But with a little effort you're able to understand what he's saying.

I'm just saying to be successful you'll need your own promotional team. your not going to get agent to book shows if your not promoting and making fans. if you have show at club then you'll need promote it yourself so that people will show up so that you can get ticket sales .

Are you getting bookings, sales and shows to promote?

The OP stated that he suffers from dyslexia. That's why his thoughts seem so chaotic to us. But with a little effort you're able to understand what he's saying.

Im not talking about that, I'm talking about his mindset towards the whole thing. I understand perfectly what he's saying, i just don't agree with any of it.

If making beats is truly something you love to do, let your passion for it define your reasoning for doing it. Money,success and other things may come but if they dont, Do not let that be the measuring stick of what you call success. Many ppl on the outside look at things by the money you make from it. If you enjoy doing music just do it. Nobody opinion should matter when it comes to what you want to do with your music.

I would say you have to do some more work on your arrangements bro....You have some interesting sounds I like definitely leaning to Tyler the Creater side.

I don't believe it has to be hobby because if I do it right I'll be the one making a few bucks of it. I could making money and not waste my time with this hobby. I could put my effort in starting A NEW BUSINESS selling baseball hats.

I don't believe it has to be hobby because if I do it right I'll be the one making a few bucks of it. I could making money and not waste my time with this hobby. I could put my effort in starting A NEW BUSINESS selling baseball hats.

I have a lot of hobbies that don't pay me a penny and cost me plenty, I do them because I enjoy them...same reason I play around with beats, mashups and producing.

Being into automotive hobbies I can tell you for a fact all the money and time invested has gotten me some notoriety among the crowd but hasn't made me much money at all, but I do it because I enjoy it. If down the road someone recognizes the skill and picks me up then great, but I will keep doing it when I have the money to regardless.

Turning hobbies into paid work isn't everything you might think it is in all cases. I have turned several of my hobbies into paying jobs/careers and all became short lived because it sucked the life right out of it and I lost sight of why I did those things in the first place.

Just my .02

So your passion is selling baseball hats? And you only wanna make music to make money?

believe in your self my friend fck everyone and anyone who trying to knock what you doing even if its your fam igot peeps in my fam that trying sway my thoughts but thee only thing that matters is what you think' and what you believe, dont let your dreams fade embrace them its now or never my friend ..nothing comes easy, if its desired '

Man its people like this in the producing community that ****ing urks my nerves. If you're making beats just for money why make beats?

Back